• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania Support Reply

It's certainly on the radar and has been for a little while now. I don't think it will happen this year. We'll see if we can pull some strings, though

Idk if it needs to be stiff p line like those md4s but I wouldn't mind a few driver pro p3xs

Soo fingers crossed 🤞
Complete Active Line - says April/May. Thought it said March??
April: Instinct!!!!!!!!! (OS version of FD2(teebird?))
May: Method!!! (OS MD3, beaded (between md3/4))
June: Link!!!! (Please 4/2/0/4 maybe??)
July: Enigma (what is the Gap? Replace DD? Or like a shryke DD2 replacement?)
SLine FD2 (is it May/June yet!?!?!?!)
DD3 April. Likely Swirly SLine for Tour Fundraiser to rake in the dollars for Eagle. Is it going to be the same stamp?? I hope not so the first run has a unique stamp.
Then the SLine release DD3 once the swirly sells out.

So basically by July I'll have everything I need except Lux Instinct and Lux Link if it's an OS beast of a flat fast un-beaded putter

2019 is going to be a whopper of a year. We expect everything that has been made and will be made to be a huge success for players moving forward. DD3, FD2, Instinct (almost time), Method is fantastic, Link is in the process, Enigma should pair nicely with a DD3 though some players may choose one or the other.

DD3 next run will have the same stamp but the main indicator between the two is the First Run was all embossed with prototype lettering. That should do the trick.

On top of all that, we still have numerous Signature runs planned and specialty discs always on the horizon. I'd say even though #yearofevolution is in effect, #yearoftheshield seems to be a much longer year than we thought. Perhaps an eternity :)

I figure this is outside of typical customer communication, but can you tell us what mold pieces make up the 2019 FD2? In the dedicated thread on here, one user pointed out that it has the same tooling on the flight plate as the teebird3. The bottom wing looks like a TL to me - I'm wondering if maybe it's a TB3 top with a spacer and a TL bottom.

The bottom and the wing are different things, there's 3 parts to a mold

The bottom and the wing are different things, there's 3 parts to a mold

discmoldwithlabels.jpg

Any chance we can get an update on this?
Also, I don't know how I'll replace my DD.
And no, the DD3 isn't the answer. Maybe some special run high $$ PD2 but I can't grip PD2. I need 10-11 speed, headwind dependable that doesn't fade and skip like a PD. And my CD and DD are gone :(
tyoIrcl.jpg

Plenty of time to stock up on a few replacements. I found quite a few places have s and c line dd's still available. I stocked up when the swirly version came out. I found some older run CD's with the craze stamp at our local shop so those are still available too. It sucks two of your molds are leaving and you can either try to stock up now until you find a replacement or just hope you don't lose any of what you do have.

Active line

SIAP, but is the Active line all new molds, or are they Yikun molds in new plastic?

Any chance we can get an update on this?
Also, I don't know how I'll replace my DD.
And no, the DD3 isn't the answer. Maybe some special run high $$ PD2 but I can't grip PD2. I need 10-11 speed, headwind dependable that doesn't fade and skip like a PD. And my CD and DD are gone :(

CD3 is a new favorite for me.

Have you tried the CGPD?

If I run out of DDs I might have to go to PDs. I don't bag PDs, they are too dumpy for me, I throw CDs for most all control driver shots. They are dead straight right to the ground, it's like a 10 speed mid.
But hey, gotta cut old stuff and sell new stuff so the people buy it.

My suggestion to DiscMania is to announce a "Final Run" so that we can buy em up.

Yes, yes I know many of them are still available... But if anyone has new S-CD (pink or blue) hit me up.

Just curious. Does Discmania put chincy stamps on the sig discs on purpose. My Royal Rages are already rubbing off, NS2s also. Not meaning to sound snarky or be an A hole, I am genuinely curious why this is. The foil on my stock S line FD is not nearly as worn and it has almost a year ITB.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

If I run out of DDs I might have to go to PDs. I don't bag PDs, they are too dumpy for me, I throw CDs for most all control driver shots. They are dead straight right to the ground, it's like a 10 speed mid.
But hey, gotta cut old stuff and sell new stuff so the people buy it.

My suggestion to DiscMania is to announce a "Final Run" so that we can buy em up.

Yes, yes I know many of them are still available... But if anyone has new S-CD (pink or blue) hit me up.

I really like the idea of the "final run".

You'd be better off going back to the beefy wraiths. They are pretty much a one to one replacement for the DD. (well the DD was a replacement for them).

The CD2 is similar to a CD but definitely has more turn and more fade. You'll have to hyzer flip them more. I don't think there is a one to one replacement for the CD.

The CD, CD2, CD3, PD, and DD are different enough that you could bag all of them and not have any exact overlap. Might be close enough to make something work but if you throw them all hard and flat they all fly quite a bit differently.

Kinda sad to see DM discontinuing so many discs. The lineup is already fairly small and the really cool thing was how so many discs were just different enough that everyone could find a disc that did the perfect thing for them.

I guess we'll have to see how these new molds produced by Lat64 turn out.

Just curious. Does Discmania put chincy stamps on the sig discs on purpose. My Royal Rages are already rubbing off, NS2s also. Not meaning to sound snarky or be an A hole, I am genuinely curious why this is. The foil on my stock S line FD is not nearly as worn and it has almost a year ITB.

Still always ready to start things I see ;)

Foil comes off easier than matte stamps, DX stamps softer than star, thin flight plates need more pressure and I'd bet they don't always hit real deep

Still always ready to start things I see ;)

Foil comes off easier than matte stamps, DX stamps softer than star, thin flight plates need more pressure and I'd bet they don't always hit real deep
Not intentionally LOL. But damn man, I pay extra for the sig runs right? I bought 4 this particular time because they're just so damn beautiful. And now it's fading....

I really like the idea of the "final run".

You'd be better off going back to the beefy wraiths. They are pretty much a one to one replacement for the DD. (well the DD was a replacement for them).

The CD2 is similar to a CD but definitely has more turn and more fade. You'll have to hyzer flip them more. I don't think there is a one to one replacement for the CD.

The CD, CD2, CD3, PD, and DD are different enough that you could bag all of them and not have any exact overlap. Might be close enough to make something work but if you throw them all hard and flat they all fly quite a bit differently.

Kinda sad to see DM discontinuing so many discs. The lineup is already fairly small and the really cool thing was how so many discs were just different enough that everyone could find a disc that did the perfect thing for them.

I guess we'll have to see how these new molds produced by Lat64 turn out.

Yeah I dont jive with the CD2, I mean the CD was really unique and is an excellent choice for a new player for a distance driver. 300' on a rope with no fade is just tough to duplicate.

With the DD and DD2 gone, with the DD3 just a longer CD3... I expect something DD-DD1-DD2 to show up but it'll probably be a year or two.

PDX could have been fun in SLine but the PDX is axed too. Just gotta fill a 11/5/0/2-3 spot eventually right??

Not intentionally LOL. But damn man, I pay extra for the sig runs right? I bought 4 this particular time because they're just so damn beautiful. And now it's fading....

I mean the extra 5 bucks on for the touring pro, and we get to hope that one day it'll be worth 30 instead of 25.

My claws 5503 stamp PD2s arrived today, I am so excited for this special deal. They feel sweet. All my C-PD2 are a few runs old. What should I be expecting for an off the sheld current run?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I... had no idea. I scratched my head from time to time wondering how they pulled off certain configs with just 2 mold pieces.

Can you link to any more information about this process? Until this very moment I thought it was upper wing, lower wing, and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts