• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you use now? Discmania has 1 disc for each slot, no more no less. Should have something that will work well. Some people use very overstable discs for this, some people use understable discs for the same shot.

I don't have anything now but in the past a monarch or valk has worked. So understable most likely is what I would be looking for. I did pick up a TD2 but not with the idea to tomahawk it. I haven't received it yet so I don't know if it will work but thats probably my most understable disc.

I usually only throw the 'hammer' with a putter to get out of a bad spot/jail where up and over is the only way out. Flattens out and lands upside down.

I don't want to cramp your style, but wouldn't a standard air shot do the trick and not ruin your shoulder for the rest of your life? ;)

Discmania Support Reply

Been waiting for the DD3 for so long now! Still hyped for it's release, but all these other seemingly newer discs keep coming out first! Any particular reason why? Would've been so nice to have started the year with the DD3s, rather than a change mid-play.

The DD3 is coming very soon. We've got the Instinct release tomorrow followed by another one soon after. Then the DD3 dun dun dunnnnnnnnn! Almost time. We'll release more information to the public when available.

I've heard rumors, but I would rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

Are we going to see another Eagle signature MD3 this year?

Absolutely! Also coming soon

I bought a p-line fd and knew nothing about it except it had a cool stamp and got my order into the free shipping column so I bought it.

I started throwing it and now can't stop. It goes straight and then straight.

Why can't I find another one?

If you know who has another one let me know.

I'm old -- I haven't kept up with all the new discs/plastics . .. . is my disc an albatross or what?

The P-Line FD will not be made again unfortunately except for the possibility of special runs but even that is unlikely. We'd definitely recommend the D-Line FD for similar stability and easy access. I think you'll find most Discmaniacs out there have one of these in their bag.

Discmania Support Reply

What is a good tomahawking disc from Discmania. I'm looking for something that when thrown will stay pretty straight relative to where I throw it and wont roll ideally it would flip mid air and land upside down. I'm not worried about distance as I have my epic for that. I'm looking for a disc I can throw 200-250 on some super tight holes. Not sure if it matters but I throw using the index finger and not the thumb.

The FD3 is a pretty classic thumber or tomahawk profile disc. What you're looking for is a slower yet overstable disc that will allow for good flexing shots and reliability. That's not to say that an understable disc won't be good as well, in fact it's another skill worth learning, but the norm for general shots like these are something like the FD3. You can step it up to a PD2 as well for further shots if you have the arm for it but FD3 is a great place to start. Most folks use this as their only overhand throwing disc.

Discmania Support Reply

Still hoping to find out if there are other colors than Yellow, Blue, Purple and Red D-Line P3's coming out

That's pretty much all of them. Whites were very rare, if any.

So I have to ask after watching GBO... when are we going to see another run of MF PD2's? :)

MF PD2 is on the radar but nothing scheduled at this point. We've got some other new releases to push out first that should strike your fancy :). No Metal Flake PD2 just yet though.

I remember Jussi saying on some FB thread that it will be in a plastic option never previously offered. Intriguing... Shimmer MD3?

I saw him say that as well. I saw Innova just released a swirly color glow Pro Roc3. I wander if this is the plastic we'll see on the MD3?

Wow CD2s (C line and Roaming Thunder) changed my game for the better. Awesome control for 325-375 shots for me. When I need to face a headwind the Thunder is still stable enough.

Played 303 open this weekend, I had some serious putting woes and lack endurance but the CD2 was on point all weekend. I have not been bagging any faster understable drivers a while and that course didn't make me miss them.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Wow CD2s (C line and Roaming Thunder) changed my game for the better. Awesome control for 325-375 shots for me. When I need to face a headwind the Thunder is still stable enough.

Totally agree. I dislike fighting the wind with something super OS thrown hyzer. If I want a straight shot, the RT gives me good confidence to throw into a headwind too.

Glow Metal Flake MD3's??? Sounds interesting. Any insider info on how they fly? Also, any word on more p line MD3's?

Did we get any official word? All I see is an old knights helmet with Simon and a pic of pink, blue, orange stripes on Jussi's insta.

Also I have stacks on stacks of new P-MD3, they're out there so who knows when they run em again. Hit me up if you want some.

Did we get any official word? All I see is an old knights helmet with Simon and a pic of pink, blue, orange stripes on Jussi's insta.

Someone leaked the flier on Facebook this morning. May 22nd - Iron Samurai and DD3 drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts