• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to find a really beefy MD3. I might just have to try the EMcM signatures. My worry though, is that while I'm certainly only about 1/2 as powerful as these guys, I have seen Simon and Eagle both turn over the Eagle Signature glow MD3. Hopefully, my non-robotic arm doesn't have the same problem. :D

If you are hoping the Eagle Glow's are a "true" overstable flight, don't waste your money. I have 4 of them, which I bought hoping that they would be significantly more stable than my production C-line's, and none of them were as stable as I hoped. Still fantastic discs, I currently bag one of them, but they won't fill the true overstable mid slot.

If you want to try the MD3 in it's most stable form for less money than the Eagle Glow's, pick yourself up a max weight G-line. I have a pair of them and they fly nearly identical to the Glow's. And I'm not the only person that has had the same results.

And lastly, I agree with the shipping being expensive. But like already mentioned, at least they do ship VERY fast.

If you are hoping the Eagle Glow's are a "true" overstable flight, don't waste your money. I have 4 of them, which I bought hoping that they would be significantly more stable than my production C-line's, and none of them were as stable as I hoped. Still fantastic discs, I currently bag one of them, but they won't fill the true overstable mid slot.

If you want to try the MD3 in it's most stable form for less money than the Eagle Glow's, pick yourself up a max weight G-line. I have a pair of them and they fly nearly identical to the Glow's. And I'm not the only person that has had the same results.

And lastly, I agree with the shipping being expensive. But like already mentioned, at least they do ship VERY fast.

G-Line? Really... That's very interesting. I always consider softer plastics to be less stable. I'll have to check out a G MD3. Can't hurt to try! :D

MF MD3s flat or more domey? I might grab a couple pink just because I like the look, but would like to have them in the bag for function and feel, too.

If you are hoping the Eagle Glow's are a "true" overstable flight, don't waste your money. I have 4 of them, which I bought hoping that they would be significantly more stable than my production C-line's, and none of them were as stable as I hoped. Still fantastic discs, I currently bag one of them, but they won't fill the true overstable mid slot...

This has been my experience as well. A fresh P Line is at least, if not a touch more, overstable as the Eagle Glows I've thrown.

The most OS one I've thrown is a pink, max weight C line with a slight dome. Pretty sure with MD3s more dome is more OS.

Does anyone have 4th runs in stock? Or somilar to 4th run pd
If you're talking about PD's, 4th runs are long gone (they're up to 8th runs now).

There were two different '4th' run PD's; more of the firm, slightly more opaque C-Line plastic that had some dome and flew with a touch of turn and less fade - AND - the first run of Jolly Launcher C-line plastic, which were flatter, more translucent, slightly softer, and more high speed stable with a heavy fade.

If you want a PD with no turn and a strong fade, 7th/8th runs are what you're looking for. If you're looking for one with a bit of wiggle in it's flight, then look for a non-pat# Freak stamp S-line.

I like the softer pearly 4th runs with the dome. But i cant seem to find them :( and i have a s line with no patents, its a firebird haha

Do they make a fd in a lighter weight then 175?

My G-Line 166g is an understable money maker! Suuuuper easy hyzer-flip to anny shots for 340' and under. Makes a great roller even for my CRAP roller game, but I mostly use it for long turnovers and getting around longer corners than I feel comfortable with my sidearm. It hyzer-flips flat, then takes a nice turn before settling back to flat. Definitely a unique flight to most understable discs that tend to burn me, the light G-FD is still stable enough to hold on for a full flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts