• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Attachments

• F712084F-881E-43AC-969D-17D77C3F9C84.jpg
    F712084F-881E-43AC-969D-17D77C3F9C84.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 260
Simon says in the promo video that the new full Tilt will be the last Tilt ever produced. Why would you do that? They seem popular, just a very odd business decision.

To make sure they sell out immediately and re-appear on resale sites for a whole bunch more.

Meh.

I have no interest in the most overstable disc that ever overstabled. Hard pass.

I did pick up a pair of P1s. Stoked to throw them around this weekend and see what they are all about.

To make sure they sell out immediately and re-appear on resale sites for a whole bunch more.

I'm pretty sure Discmania could care less how much their discs are selling for once they've left their warehouse. It doesn't put any extra money in their pockets when this happens :\

They could at least let us know what the paradigm is all about.

Starting to think this will be a Mystery Box mold... :confused:

I'm pretty sure Discmania could care less how much their discs are selling for once they've left their warehouse. It doesn't put any extra money in their pockets when this happens :\

Yeah, it was a joke.

However, the quicker they sell out the faster Simon gets his cut. (I have no issue with that...Simon's a great person and deserves the percentage he gets from the Tilt sales).

i can see how ppl could see the tilt as unusable but for someone like me thats been playing for a little more than 2 years(avg about 3x a week) its fun and opens some creative possiblities.

I'm no Simon, never will be, but I like to push the envelope because it makes it fun for me. Sometimes my friends will use one or 2 discs & throw the same bh or fh for 18 holes. thats just not my style.

the tilt just lets the avg thrower do things that they might not be able to do normally or with the same success.

Not everything has to be so serious, which is what i see with so many amateur players.

WARNING: Complete speculation below.

One possibility is that Simon is working on another disc design that will essentially replace the Tilt in some form or fashion. Whether that is just the Discmania marketing hype working its magic, or Simon had some tweaks he thought would make for an even better version, either way I could see it happening.

WARNING: Complete speculation below.

One possibility is that Simon is working on another disc design that will essentially replace the Tilt in some form or fashion. Whether that is just the Discmania marketing hype working its magic, or Simon had some tweaks he thought would make for an even better version, either way I could see it happening.

Not bad speculation.

I think when Simon asked for the most overstable disc ever the Tilt may have been a bit more than he was expecting. I have to think he was hoping more for a trilogy version of a PD2 than a trick shot disc.

Not bad speculation.

I think when Simon asked for the most overstable disc ever the Tilt may have been a bit more than he was expecting. I have to think he was hoping more for a trilogy version of a PD2 than a trick shot disc.

I think he wanted something stupidly-stupid overstable. That certainly seemed like the case when he talked through the design process. But now that he's seen it, he might want something just stupidly overstable. IDK.

I have thrown the Origin in GEO, NEO and META (Midnight Prowl) but they didn't suit me.
All are a bit flippy for my taste and I've had control issues with them.
My home course doesn't have many shots that line up for a long under stable mid-range.

I haven't thrown the MD1, and I won't throw one as long as I have to pay collector prices for it.
There are too many good sub-$20 discs on the market to pay $50 for an MD1.

Not bad speculation.

There's a video where he talks about how he was asked to design a disc and he had specific numbers in mind. Either in that video or another (it was one done from his house), there was a white board in the background with flight numbers on it and it turned out to be the Tilt's flight numbers.

If I can find the video(s) I'll post the link....but the Tilt is what he was looking for.

Has there been any statement about some of the lesser popular molds making their way into production? I would like to see more CD3s available but I feel like it is a long way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.