• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oldest Driver in Da Bag?

The oldest Driver in my bag is how old

• Total voters
It's a hard question for me since I destroyed my shoulder. There actually have not been any drivers in my bag for about the last three months while I've been trying to learn to throw Aviars left handed.

Before that I was trying to settle between Cyclones and XL's as my control driver. My XL's are all early run Elite Pros, so they are probably all 10-11 years old. Some of the Cyclones are Tournament Pro and are older, but being conservative I'd say maybe 13 or 14 years old. So either/or would be the oldest depending on which actually ended up in the bag. Judging from how my right shoulder feels and how well I'm picking up throwing left handed, it might be a while before either are actually in the bag.
now your gonna have to change the name to Three Drive;)

my oldest driver is my 167champ starfire which is has finally been run over to many times and while it still fades the same its likes to flip when thrown real hard so gonna need to buy a new one at that weight but itll stay in the bag

...Been going at it hard the last month and a half trying to get myself back in the shape I was in back in the 90s. I never lost a disc back in the day, but last night I lost whatever the 1991 Innova equivilent of an Eclipse was. It wasn't a great disc or any kind of super distance kind of thing, but I had so much time with it back in the day, I knew exactly where I could put that thing every time.

...well, until hole 16 at Indianapolis' Brookside Park last night...:(

Its like I lost an old friend...
Persistence pays. BIG TIME!!

It was getting dark that night I gave up on my old disc and rained hard all weekend after that. I stopped by a couple of times since then after work and looked for about 10-20 minutes each time (and I'd tromp around through there when I was playing, too, of course). Last night I got fed up (the course was overrun with Pee-Wee football and their families who all pee on the golf course so I still haven't had a chance to try out my Discraft misprint discs), but before I packed it in for the night I went to look again - knowing there was no way my disc could still be there after all this time - its just become a habit for me to keep looking, but low and behold there she was, buried in the tall grass after almost a month.

A snail was pissed that I took his new home from him, but I'm happy to have an old friend back from the great beyond.

...and that is the oldest disc in my bag (once again).

I've had my Star Teebird for about 3 years. (as long as I've been playing.) I can thumb that thing onto a dime.

My oldest disk is the disc I threw my first ace with; a Champion Orc. Shortly after I threw is I bought a new one to replace it with so that I wouldn't have the fear of losing it. It's still in the bag but I only use it for BHFH ace runs that I know I will be able to find. If it did it once it can do it again!

nothing else in my bag is even close, all bought within the last 12 months. All others were lost being thrown, lost in a bet, or sold to Play-it-Again Sports so I could buy some new plastic and/or a new bag.

Last edited:
Persistence pays. BIG TIME!!

It was getting dark that night I gave up on my old disc and rained hard all weekend after that. I stopped by a couple of times since then after work and looked for about 10-20 minutes each time (and I'd tromp around through there when I was playing, too, of course). Last night I got fed up (the course was overrun with Pee-Wee football and their families who all pee on the golf course so I still haven't had a chance to try out my Discraft misprint discs), but before I packed it in for the night I went to look again - knowing there was no way my disc could still be there after all this time - its just become a habit for me to keep looking, but low and behold there she was, buried in the tall grass after almost a month.

A snail was pissed that I took his new home from him, but I'm happy to have an old friend back from the great beyond.

...and that is the oldest disc in my bag (once again).

that's awesome! I wish I could get my 1st disk back... a red 150g Champion Valk with drawings all over it (including my last name: Skinner). If any of you see it out there, I will totally buy it back!

My Banshee, I found it probably 7 years ago and it just had a single word written on the back I assume was a name but was real faded, no number written on it and was beat then. No telling how old it actually is. It was fate though, as the banshee I used before that got lost. Its been my thumber and tommy since, whether I like it or not.

Funny thing is, I have gone through 2 other banshees that were meant for back-ups.

First one, I never got to fly like the original one that got lost, but neither did this 7+ year old one (Until recently when I tacoed it) but it was better than the one I bought, so I used the one I bought on a water hole and it is gone.

So I got another spare Banshee and that was "claimed" by my fiancee thinking it felt good in her hand and she liked the pretty blue. A shark is overstable to her so you can only imagine what the banshee looks like when she throws it. She's determined though.

Her taking that, my spare, gave me the excuse to order my Epic which should be comming today or tomorrow. This is a good thing as I am afraid my old banshee is ready to split in half from tommys and thumbers here soon.

I found a 1996 Millenium Polaris LS almost a year ago. New plastics make it outdated because i can only get it to go about 250 feet.

I have an old Elite X X.S. that I bought in a lot with some other used discs.
I'd have to estimate that it's at least 2-3 years old, if not more.
It flies just right for me.

I've had a boss and a comet for about a year. I changed my bag up a lot this year and now its solid. Before I started throwing PD in place of teebirds, I had some 10x and 1st run CE TBs that had been there for about 9 or 10 years. I have some 1st run glow comets in the bag from the mid 90s

I have a eagle and shark that are about 10 years old. played a lot for about the first three years then sort of tapered off due to work schedules and other things. would still play about once or twice a year but not a bunch. Got back into the playing a lot mode when about 6 people i work with started talking about playing at courses near me that i didn't even know had a course. so i teamed up to play with them on the courses. They were using the champion plastic discs and star plastics saying my old eagle and shark dx discs wouldn't beat them. One round i played with one guy i was up 5 shots after the first 6 holes with my old stuff. Have some new stuff now but use my old shark for putting quite a bit. this year i have sunk a number of putts from over 30 feet away with it. to the dismay of the people i am playing with.

Well, I found a "160 gram Driving Disc" made by Halex, which appears to be ancient, the way the rim is any everything just looks super old, I need to get pics up for a verdict though

It only has a last name on the back, no number :/ I'd return it otherwise.

I have only been playing 7 years but I do have an XD from 1991. It is a Virginia Squirrel Toss XD back when it was more of a driver...so I guess that counts.

I used to carry older discs, do you want to know how old the disc is, or how long we have had it in the bag?

I have a champ Valk that was given to me the first time I played a round at a DG course. I have no idea how old it is. I didn't buy a driver for months, so it is easily the oldest driver in my bag.

Oldest disc in my bag may be a scorpion, disc that has been in the bag the longest is my wolf >3 years.

Latest posts