• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oregon bound

elevated plastic

Double Eagle Member
Heading to Oregon in a few weeks and this is our plan.

Charge strait to Whistler's Bend. Play, fish, camp, play again in the morn. Head to Dexter Park, then Camp Tadmor. Camp at Milo or where ever. Play Milo Mciver all day, camp there again. Wake up drive to Roster Rock west, Dabney state park, Pier Park, head to Horings hideout camp. Huck all day there, 3 courses, camp. Leave Portland then head down through Humboldt for a few days of discin, river floatin, and partyin. These oregon courses I assume are all good and was wondering if there's any left out of that area that are considered must plays. Thanks

Play Adair, Bryant or Waterloo instead of Tadmor. And consider Stubb Stewart instead of Rooster.

Other courses to consider:
-Timber Park, just across the river from Milo
-University of OB in Weed and Tom Pearce in Grants Pass to break up the drive to Whistlers Bend
-Bryant, Adair and North Park
-Allow yourself plenty of time at Hornings. You will want to play these courses more than once.

Life is tough when you have to leave Lake Tahoe to go on a vacation...

Timber Park would be a good addition.
Horrning's is a lot of golf for 1 day, plan on 2 to really enjoy.

Play Adair, Bryant or Waterloo instead of Tadmor. And consider Stubb Stewart instead of Rooster.

I think this advise above would be the only variation to what looks to me to be a pretty solid line-up for the road trip. Maybe try to hit Timber, too. Have a great time! :thmbup:

Play Bryant Park instead of Tadmor. Adair is great too, but a bit further out of your way.

And play Blue Lake or Stub Stewart instead of Rooster Rock. I would truthfully suggest playing both if at all possible. They're great courses.

Stub Stewart is about 20-30 minutes west of Hornings . It plays entirely in a dense mountain pine forest. It's the most technical course I have ever played and I have been really loving it as of late. The holes aren't too long, but the fairways are 10 feet wide the entire way on most holes and dictate the line you have to hit. There are 400 foot holes that are legitimate par 4s and 250-300 foot holes that can be consistently 2ed with the right line or easily 5ed if you get greedy and catch a tree that shoots you into the woods. It's the most technical course I've ever played and I have been really loving it as of late. The local guys that played in worlds were practicing up there as much as possible to get ready for the North Carolina courses.

Blue Lake is on the same side of town as Dabney and Rooster Rock. It's brand new, designed by David Feldberg, and much different than anything else you will play in Oregon. It's almost entirely par 4s and 5s. Much of the course is actually open in the air, but the fairways are well defined and mowed out of wait high grass. Anything in the tall grass is considered OB by tournament and league rules and you really don't want to be in the tall grass anyway because it's very tough to find a disc when it buries in that thick sea of grass. So the challenge is fighting the mental urge to swing for the fences and cut corners from every tee pad and instead take a little off and continually throw placement shots to keep everything in the fairway. People have been hot and cold on it so far, but it's definitely a different type of golf and worth experiencing for yourself.

All the other courses you listed are spot on and are absolute must plays. Dabney probably isn't quite on par with the rest of them as far as challenge, but is one of the most fun courses in the area and I wouldn't skip it if I were you.

Also, I live in Portland and will be pretty free during the daytime next week. I'd be happy to play guide for a round or two and hear what you think of our courses. PM if you're interested and I'll give you my phone number to keep in touch.

On a side note, Trojan Park is pretty much a must play as well, but unfortunately it is pretty far out of the way of anything else. It plays around a lake and most shots are over or lined by water and therefore tend to be great at challenging your testicular fortitude to go for it and risk you disc or layup and play it safe. Also, it can be flooded with local fisherman at times. They're actually pretty cool about looking up and watching out for incoming discs if you alert them that you're throwing, but it can get kind of annoying.

That course and Adair would definitely add to your experience, but might not be worth it when you consider the extra drive time they will add to your trip.

Leaving tomorrow night and heading straight to Whistlers. We planned on Dexter next, but I guess there's a tourney there this weekend. Anybody know if it's 1-2 rounds on sunday? If it's 1 we could show up late afternoon and sneak in a round.

Yea CG is fun. Doenst have the dexter mystique but it is right off the highway and cool in it's own way.

We're set on Dexter sunday evening as far as cottage grove...
With the valley being warm the sewer treatment facility is reaking the area out badly. Hard to disc smelling the cities toilet everyhole..... Taken from a recent course update. I'll run it by my friends.

It looks like our move is going to be skipping dexter on the way up due to the tourney and playing it on our way back to Eureka. We're also fitting Blue Lake into the schedule. Hopefully going to pass the 100 courses played marker after this trip.

Sounds awesome, have fun. I plan on doing an Oregon trip next year and really like to follow everyone else's. Keep us updated.

Latest posts