• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Oregon bound

When I was up there a few months ago the smell from the septic treatment plant wasn't too bad. Definatly not as bad as the one up in Crecent City makes their park smell on a few holes.

About to hit the road in a few hours. I'm really hoping to get 100 listed courses played by the end. We got a hook up on a minivan so we're going in style. If you see a white minvan with cali plates pull up to courses in Oregon come say what up.

Have a fun and safe trip! Oh and Full City Coffee in Eugene is a great place for a Java fix!

If you're in Eugene you need to go get some Voodoo Doughnuts. The bacon maple log is off the hook. :p

Hit me up on your way through Arcata CA if you want.
I would probably be able to play a round or grab a beer with you guys. I have been here for a little over a year, but lived on the south side of Tahoe for the 10 years before that.

Played Adair and Bryant Park. Bryant was a little better imo even with the layout of the first couple holes being a little whack. I'll for sure play Bryant my next time up.

Where are ya going to be Thursday-Sunday?? Long gone by then, right?

I'll be at Hornings all day Thursday, though I am trying to play four courses that day. Maybe we should meet up for at least one round? Unless you play slow! :D

Played milo, timber, rooster west, dabney, and about to play pier park. Milo is paradise. I'm falling in love with Oregon courses.

Thursday will be day 2 at hornings. Then start to head to Humboldt stopping to play Cottage Grove, Dexter, and Grants Pass along the way. Oregon has great golf so far I'm impressed.

If you can squeeze it in on your way south, I'd highly recommend hitting up Whistler's Bend (outside of Roseburg). It's not quite Milo McIver quality, imo, but it's definitely one of the most scenic courses anywhere.

I loved Pier Park, sounds like your having a blast.

I loved Pier Park, sounds like your having a blast.

I liked Pier overall, as well, although there are a few holes that I didn't like much. I was there in the dead of Winter, so didn't have to deal with crowds at all, but there are a couple holes on the back nine that really don't have any line at all through the huge Douglas Firs to the basket. Also, there are one or two really lefty-unfriendly holes there, where trees are actually blocking the entire left side right off of the tee pad. :p

If you can squeeze it in on your way south, I'd highly recommend hitting up Whistler's Bend (outside of Roseburg). It's not quite Milo McIver quality, imo, but it's definitely one of the most scenic courses anywhere.

Started the trip with 2 days at Whistler.