• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Out of curiosity, how many discs do you bag?

The bag for shorter courses, glow rounds, and winter setup is between 6-10 discs.

Most casual rounds and local courses have me carrying 10-14.

If I play a tournament, longer course, or go out of town I might bring up to 20.

I bag 25 discs. I carry 5 putters, 6 mids & 14 drivers. I play about 1 sanctioned tournament a month & 1 unsanctioned tourney a year. I play leagues in the summer as well.

16-20 discs in 5 molds.

2-3 Destroyers
3-4 OLFs
3-4 Gazelles
4 Rocs
4 Wizards

Sometimes I add a Zone or a Firebird or a Roadrunner, depending on mood, weather, and the course.

Chucker. I don't like people. And I despise tournaments for being so slow and taking over courses. But I'll play occasional league rounds. Also:

SP meetup.

^ eff yeah!

20-24

2-3 Giants
2-3 Wraiths
2 Enemys
0-2 Bandits
1 Mongoose
0-1 Trident
2-3 Rivals
1-2 Patriots
0-1 Mortar
3-4 MD3
1 Sinus
2 Pure
2 Wizards

I could easily get by with 13 (2 Wizards, 1 Pure, 2 MD3, 1 Sinus/Mortar/Trident, 2 Rivals, 1 Mongoose, 1 Enemy, 3 mix of Wraiths and Giants)

I play 3-5 sanctioned events per year and play weekly in local, unsanctioned tag rounds

What my grip bag holds. Which is 13 discs in bottom and two in the putter pocket.

Which breaks down to be about six fairway/drivers, 3 mids and 4 driving putters.

21 for all rounds. I never change my bag as I have discs for all course types or weather types. I only add a few in a towch when I am playing the local course with water hazards.

I carry 12 in my Fade Gear Crunch Box bag, mostly because it fills it out and makes it stand up better on the ground. On the suburban Chicago courses that I play, about 7 is all I really need, if that. But if playing a new course, or in difficult wind conditions, it's nice to have them all.

Breaker, Plutonium, Polecat = 3 putters
Nebula, Evidence, Fuse = 3 mids
Eagle, Banshee, Seer, Starfire, S-PD, P-PD, King, DDX, Trespass, Giant = 10 drivers
= 16 discs. I'll usually just roll this out unless the course has lost disc potential, then I'll add another Eagle, a DX Roc, and maybe a Giant (19 discs total).

I play mostly unsanctioned and some B/C tier tourneys. Funnily enough, in some casual rounds I probably carry around 18-20 discs to mess around and try new molds out.

I typically don't throw high speed drivers so I don't need to bag 7 destroyers like McBeth. I usually manage with 10-12 discs in my bag, and even with a setup like that there are discs in there I don't throw in an average round. I don't play tournaments, only casual rounds and I typically play on courses that I know so there's that

4 putters, 5 mids, 2 fairway drivers, 4 speed 9s, 5 distance drivers. Most are multiples and I lose 6-8 a season so it's nice to have backups.

19 in my Odin. Playing between 5 and 8 Am B-tiers per year. Work schedule holds me out of most league nights.

4 DD (OS, stable, US, tailwind turnover), 4 Fairway (same), 3 mid, 4 approach, 2 putting putters. So I guess 17. The only time I change out my bag is either tinkering or glow.

9 disc in a Fade Crunch:

2 putters
3 mids
2 fairway drivers
2 distance drivers

Occasionally, depending on wind or the course I'm playing that day, I will bag more but never more than 12.

My bag hasn't changed in a few years. Normally I bag eight discs of seven molds on the course. (One spare main driver.) When traveling by car I'll often carry another twenty odd in my back up bag. (Just because I have the room.) And ten more if I bring my putter bag.

20 on average. If its water carries or chance of losing a disc I will add a backup I know to the bag as a fall back during a round.

My bag will definitely be a little different after Christmas, but I currently have 21 in my Magellan Deluxe bag, even with PVC reinforcement

3 Putters (1 is kept in the front pocket)
7 Mids
3 Fairways
7 Distance
1 Backup distance driver under the putters in the putter pocket

Somewhere between 15-22 depends on the course and conditions. That being said, I usually only use like 5 or 6 per most rounds :D

Figure your primary disc carrier only and the maximum amount you regularly put in it. Also state in the comments how regularly play competitive events and at what level (leagues/minis, unsanctioned tournaments, PDGA B/C, PDGA A/NT/M,etc.) you play at.

Back in the day when I played tournaments with some regularity, I carried 7-9 discs and threw 5 or 6 during a round.

Currently, I bag 18 discs. Some are in the bag to fill it out, as I hate having discs flop around when the bag isn't full. I carry one floating disc for water carries, only. The distance drivers are for giggles because I can't take advantage of the additional speed. I'll end up cutting some from use as I settle in on a new set of Usual Suspects and will probably get a smaller bag then, as I doubt I'll carry more than 12.

And I don't play competitive rounds these days--no tourneys or leagues. Could be enticed by no-frills, low-cost events, though those just don't seem to happen.

Latest posts