• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

People checking your bag etiquette

Bag etiquette: Looking in a stranger's bag

• Is cool, as long as they don't take anything.

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • Is not cool, unless you ask for permission

Votes: 191 68.0%
  • Not cool, period. None of your business unless I know you

Votes: 52 18.5%
  • I just think this poll is dumb AND I prefer to play bingo with gram gramsth

Votes: 10 3.6%

• Total voters
I just had something like this happen to me a few weeks ago. I'm at a local pitch & putt course that isn't heavily used in a small residential area park with a bunch of houses around it and I'm practicing putting. I had my bag on the ground about 50ft from the basket against a big oak tree and I had a soft Vibram Sole on the ground near it. Now there is a sidewalk 5 feet away from the tree and the bag.

Along comes a group of 9 people all about 20 yrs old(6 guys and 3 girls) looking like total trash. They see the bag and the disc and start kicking the Sole and start throwing it back and forth to each other while one of the girls and a huge guy start looking through my bag. They saw me and didn't care, of course me being half Irish and half German I wasn't about to let them get away with this.

I start walking towards them and asking "What the F*** are you people doing" they look at me and the big dude still continues to rifle through my bag. I stopped being nice and I walked right up to him and said "you have a problem now, your too damn stupid to know when to quit get the F*** out of my bag now." He looked at me as if he was sizing me up and I went directly over to the kid who had my Sole and he could tell that I wasn't to be messed with and tossed it back and immediately yelled at his friend to STOP!!! at which point I was making a beeline right for him again and he has this big old grin on his face. At this point I pull out my phone and snap a picture of him and he asks what are you gonna do with that, I said I'm gonna give it to you so you have a picture of that smile the way it looked before I knocked all you teeth down your throat. With that a person comes out of their garage across the street to confront the big kid who was starting to back up quickly. He told him to get his a** running if you want to keep those teeth. The kid backed off and quickly left while the others apologized for him. I told them all of you are all at fault here as you tacitly allowed it to happen in the first place and I wasn't interested in apologies, all I want is for you guys to never do that again to anyone because you don't know who you could be messing with and your friend better not cross my path again.
The neighbor told me that the kid is a major problem child and the local bully per se and nobody ever confronts him because of his size. Well I did and scared the living hell out of him.

Strangely enough, I'm starting to see much more of this kinda activity/behavior on the courses in the Chicagoland area where punks think they can get away with this. I also am a very nice guy and would allow someone/starnger to look at a disc if they asked but I would pull a disc out and never let them personally go through my bag. I have to know you well if you wanted to look through my bag without permission.

I always wait until after I've stolen the bag and got away before I look through it.

i hate throwing w/ anything in my pockets so my bag has a lot more than just my discs in it. if i throw a disc and you ask about it i'll prob just let you throw a round w/ it, but stay out of my bag

Agreed. My bag if like my wife, Don't go poking around in her shirt unless I say you can :)

wat_o_81294.jpg

^^6I see an internet beat down about to occur...I would never just approach a random guy on the course and ask to see what's in his bag...if I know the guy I will still ask before I touch his property...I would think that the majority of people with manners would know not to touch other people's property.

I am respectful of others so i except people to do that to me but if they let me I will look and if they don't I wont I think people shouldn't look uninvited especially if they suspect you of something.

Latest posts