• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

Yup. I've got a stack sitting on my desk. Domey White Armor Scales for a bit more fade and a bit more glide, red flat Armor Scales for Fossil flight in softer "star" like plastic, and orange Armor Flex Scales for a good fade, but perfect hit-and-stick ground gripping capability. The Armor Flex is what a G-Star Pig wishes it could be.

I never go out without my Armor Flex Scale as it is my #1 driving putter and upshot disc. I really wish I had grabbed more than one as they've only released one run so far.

Sounds like you need to keep an eye out for them. Got a link to where they are sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to get Mac to do another run here shortly. Now that they've been rocking their new premium blends, I think it might be Go Time for a new batch of Armor Scales.

Sounds like you need to keep an eye out for them. Got a link to where they are sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try to get Mac to do another run here shortly. Now that they've been rocking their new premium blends, I think it might be Go Time for a new batch of Armor Scales.

When ever that guy ^ makes more. :D

I've gotten all but one of mine direct for RDG's website. I believe the other one was from Disc-King? Can't remember. My favorites are actually the Domey White run for their added fade and glide, but they don't hit-and-stick as well as the Armor Flex, so I still typically bag the Armor Flex just for the fact that they are just about the most perfect upshot disc I could ask for.

Yup. I've got a stack sitting on my desk. Domey White Armor Scales for a bit more fade and a bit more glide, red flat Armor Scales for Fossil flight in softer "star" like plastic, and orange Armor Flex Scales for a good fade, but perfect hit-and-stick ground gripping capability. The Armor Flex is what a G-Star Pig wishes it could be.

Gstar Pigs? Was that ever a thing or did you mean R-pro... I would love a Gstar piggy

I would definitely pick up one of those. As it is, the Scale is the only mold I carry more than one of in my bag. I love the newer fossil flex as my primary circle putter if there's even the slightest breeze - it's breaking in nicely and getting straighter by the day. The harder fossil (?) one jcassidy sent me "to get me hooked" is still my primary OS upshot disc - absolute money 100-125' and in

My only wish is that I had them both in some other color besides white - they get really dirty!

Incidentally, I also have a Tyrant I use for FH 250-275'-ish shots and other OS skip shots that is money as well!

Yeah. So. In an effort to get back to basics a bit, I put a trusty old seasoned Scale back in my bag as my OS Wizard. Such good stuff. I'm back on the sauce, so to speak. And also on the sauce.

How soon are we talking?

I'm about to place an order but I can hold off if those are coming

Yeah. So. In an effort to get back to basics a bit, I put a trusty old seasoned Scale back in my bag as my OS Wizard. Such good stuff. I'm back on the sauce, so to speak. And also on the sauce.

Scales man. Scales.

They're turds. But they are MONEY!

I keep adding one to my cart than walking away. I use a zone, but I'm not 100% on it. The idea of a os wizard makes me want one bad. I think it might be the thumb trac making me hesitate.

I keep adding one to my cart than walking away. I use a zone, but I'm not 100% on it. The idea of a os wizard makes me want one bad. I think it might be the thumb trac making me hesitate.

Don't let it deter you.
It's not in the way of most backhand grips and it feels perfectly placed for FH.

It's also pretty shallow. I don't think I've had one person tell me that the thumb contour is what caused them to bag/not bag the Scale.

How soon are we talking?

I'm about to place an order but I can hold off if those are coming

I'd say that they're back to being pretty far off.

We still have a lot of stock at the shop and Dave has been hesitant to over run anything lately
To revisit this question...any plans to run some premium plastic Scales in 2017?

The Scale is soon to be run again so if there's a chance we can do it, we most definitely will!
Great news. The overstable putter is the one slot in my bag I'm struggling to decide on. Love Pigs for big meathooks/skips, and Colts for longer straight approaches. In between I've been using the Fossil Scale, Rhynos and Harps (and just ordered a Zone because I guess I enjoy overwhelming myself with choices).

I really like how the Scale feels in my hand and all the lines I can hit with it. Anything from a low stinger to park under the basket to a floaty nose-up anny to try to fade back and drop in. I'd love a premium plastic version that will hold stability for a long time.

JCassidy1990 says the thumtrac is not in the way. It really is not in the way. IMO that feature shouldn't be what keeps you from buying them. It is barely noticeable. Honestly.

IMO it won't feel any different from your Wizards unless you purposefully try to feel the tiny indentation.

Usually when the creator of a disc tells me his disc is fantastic, I hesitate to believe him; I assume he's trying to make money. The Scale, on the other hand, really is fantastic. You can believe JCassidy.