• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs DGX Disc Golf Shoe

Have you played any rounds with the shoes? Better yet, have you worn them whilst playing a round of discgolf?

Good job with the warranty, Scott. You guys are moving in the right direction. Like we talked about in emails I haven't found my magic shoe that balances price and wear so when you crank out the bigger sizes if I'm still looking I'll give them a chance. Going to want a 13 EE probably. Merrells in 13 wide run just about perfect for me.

Now it REALLY makes me sad that I can't get these in my size.

Are you going to offer a similar deal on pre-orders for when you get bigger sizes?

Good job with the warranty, Scott. You guys are moving in the right direction. Like we talked about in emails I haven't found my magic shoe that balances price and wear so when you crank out the bigger sizes if I'm still looking I'll give them a chance. Going to want a 13 EE probably. Merrells in 13 wide run just about perfect for me.

Thanks SteezeOG, as far as the future goes for sizes it pretty much is all based on how this initial release goes. If they take off than you could see some expansion. We have a few things going on right now so it will be good to see how the next few months go. I am certainly glad you are interested if it wasn't for the size issue. I'm hoping with the warranty people will feel more confident in purchasing a pair of DGX shoes.

Thank you, Scott for posting all the warranty info. One more question about the warranty preorder. With you talking about "how this initial release goes", what happens if you don't expand? Will you offer to ship the remaining pairs (we pay shipping, of course) to those who take this option if you stop production?

I know this sounds like a petty request, but I don't want to pay another $55 to not be able to receive the warrantied pairs if you decide to abandon this venture.

Thank you, Scott for posting all the warranty info. One more question about the warranty preorder. With you talking about "how this initial release goes", what happens if you don't expand? Will you offer to ship the remaining pairs (we pay shipping, of course) to those who take this option if you stop production?

I know this sounds like a petty request, but I don't want to pay another $55 to not be able to receive the warrantied pairs if you decide to abandon this venture.

Great question tbird, we have no plans to stop production. I was strictly talking about expanding. We will continue to offer the sizes we are right now. The DGX is a product we really wanted to come out with. Now that we have we are going to continue and build from here.

Are lifetime warranty is a no questions asked warranty. The customer pays shipping both ways. So if the customer feels they need to use there warranty then you pack them up in the original box and ship them back and we ship you a new pair no questions asked.

To be eligible for full warranty you must register your shoe via our registration form within 7 days after arrival (coming soon).

Lifetime Warranty only includes 3 total replacement pair, once this limit has been met warranty is no longer valid.

Shoes must be returned in original box (no exceptions) and shipping is paid by customer both ways (please send pre-paid return label with returned item).

Only valid for pre-order customers at this time.

Hopefully that helps.

Let me start by saying that the warranty info is a great idea and I am glad to see it implemented. I totally understand requesting the shoes back (both for a review of defects & to prevent abuse of the system by customers) and I have no issue with requiring registration and the customer paying shipping (assuming it is the standard $15 and no surprises there).

With that said - what is the reason for requiring me to keep the original box? I don't see any benefit to either you or the customer other than to hope that I lose the box and can't use the warranty a few months / years down the line. For many this won't be an issue if you read up beforehand, but I foresee unhappy customers down the line when they find out the shoebox their wife tossed a few months ago for their 'old' DG shoes is now costing them their warranty. I just don't see the point other than preventing warranties.

Let me start by saying that the warranty info is a great idea and I am glad to see it implemented. I totally understand requesting the shoes back (both for a review of defects & to prevent abuse of the system by customers) and I have no issue with requiring registration and the customer paying shipping (assuming it is the standard $15 and no surprises there).

With that said - what is the reason for requiring me to keep the original box? I don't see any benefit to either you or the customer other than to hope that I lose the box and can't use the warranty a few months / years down the line. For many this won't be an issue if you read up beforehand, but I foresee unhappy customers down the line when they find out the shoebox their wife tossed a few months ago for their 'old' DG shoes is now costing them their warranty. I just don't see the point other than preventing warranties.

I understand completely what you are saying. It is kind of like having to keep the original receipt for something to return it or exchange a product. I have seen with plenty of company's that have a warranty system that also place responsibility on the customer.

Are system is no different. Register the shoes and keep the box, that is all you have to do. My advice hide the box from your wife or write on it "don't throw away". Iv also thrown stuff away that I realized I needed for a warranty claim and the company told me I was SOL. So simply the warranty system places responsibility on the customer. If the warranty means a lot than the customer will have no issues and 4 pairs of shoes for $150+shipping.

I am not trying to pile on Salient, but couldn't help think about two things with regard to the warranty.

#1 Will Salient be in business in three, four, five, six or seven years? I just checked out some statistics on small businesses in the U.S. Whether you consider them a manufacturer, wholesale or retailer, there's about a 50/50 chance they won't be around in four years to honor the warranty.

#2 What happens if Salient is around in 4-7 years, but no longer in the shoe business?

Heel to toe drop? Forefoot width?

?mm heel, ?mm forefoot = ?mm drop

I would love to know this information. It would make it a lot easier to understand the fit of the shoe. Especially when ordering online.
I like the idea of a synthetic toe cap for toe drag durability. It just appears that the shoe is on a very large cushion/platform. Shoes with a high heel and narrow forefoot are the worst in my experience.

They make stuff...manufacturer.

They distribute their products to other retailers...wholesaler.

They sell their products directly to consumers...retailer.

Pretty much the answer to this is we are all of them. We do manufacture our own discs they are not produced by someone else.

We also distribute our products to retailers. At this time we only distribute our discs but this may change in the future.

We sell ours bags and shoes directly to the customer. I guess this makes Salient Discs a little bit of everything.

I would like to say we (Salient Discs) are in this for the long haul. We are expanding are product line to give our current and future customers a larger range of products to choose from. As always I thank each and everyone of you guys for taking time out of your day to come and read this thread. I appreciate all of the advice I have been given and the feedback Salient has received. I will continue to work on improving Salient to the best of my abilities.

Thanks again and have a nice Easter.

Heel to toe drop? Forefoot width?

?mm heel, ?mm forefoot = ?mm drop

I would love to know this information. It would make it a lot easier to understand the fit of the shoe. Especially when ordering online.
I like the idea of a synthetic toe cap for toe drag durability. It just appears that the shoe is on a very large cushion/platform. Shoes with a high heel and narrow forefoot are the worst in my experience.

By the looks of it, you can just look up the Salomon shoes.

I am a bit surprised - I expected the rip-off nature of the soles and the entire shoes to get more play. The side torsional structure is virtually identical, it seems, as well. Is some Asian company just ripping off the Salomon or are they allowed to reproduce the Salomons as an off-brand sort of thing?

What's the provenance of these shoes? How much actual "design" went into them? It seems like none.

Latest posts