• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoe deals?

check your local Marshall's weekly, i came a little late to mine so they dont have these really nice Merrell;s in my size, but you never know what they can get!

found deals at Nordstrom Rack (if they have one). also DSW.

your post is quiet vague...maybe you can provide more details on what you're looking to purchase?

My shoe selection depends on course and weather. if it's been wet I wear spikes, if it's dry I wear running shoes/cross trainers, make sure it's got a thick tread on the bottom.. the pivot wears out the area on the balls of your feet. I usually go to walmart or payless for DG shoes because they are cheap and i go through them often

I check 6pm.com for my shoes. Got my last pair of 60 dollar VOX skate shoes for 20 bucks shipped.

I've had these since september of last year. I only wear them for DG but they're still going strong. They're advertised as water proof but I'd say they're more water resistant than water proof but they do pretty well in the rain/light snow. Vibram sole, it really doesn't show much wear at all.

Here are a couple pic's. For the price they've really held up well. Also, REI has awesome customer service so if you order the wrong size or something they're excellent with returns/exchanges.

Attachments

• IMG_20120420_164909.jpg
    IMG_20120420_164909.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20120420_164923.jpg
    IMG_20120420_164923.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 26
As I need quite a bit of ankle support, I play in Vasque Sundowners. About 15 minutes ago I just hooked up a new pair here for $135 instead of the usual $180.

The courses in my area are fairly rugged, so I wear ankle-high hiking boots.

My preference is Zamberlan boots. Most are handmade in Italy. Although expensive, they will last 5-6 years at least.

I haven't spent big money on DG shoes but I like these shoes specifically for DG. I'm cheap too and these can be had for about $45. HiTec Zenith. Say what you will but i bet they give Keens Dela's a run for the money. They have a built-up toe area that seem to be well suited for DG.
Zenith1.jpg

Zenith4.jpg

Zenith3.jpg

I can't say for DG, as I'm currently wearing Adidas trail running shoes, but Hi-Tec makes great hiking boots.

Keen Delaveaga's no doubt... I've had mine for about a year now and they are every bit worth the money.. they are well thought out for every part of discing... they have enough grip for the grass and the rubber on the toe is wonderful if you drag your toe at all. I don't drag my toe and my sole is a little worn from concrete tees, but I play 3 or 4 times a week and usually shoes last a year if that... these are about a year in and still going very strong

Colorful, stable, scary yet stylish...nothing beats a pair of clown shoes on the course. They're the next big thing. I heard the champ wears them to compliment his ears. Be careful though, they tend to run big.;)

1820S_c-Clwons-Schoenen-Shoes.jpg

Latest posts