• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show off your DGCR Courses PLAYED and FAVORITES map. Unclick wishlist.

I added a new region earlier this month. The Pacific Northwest. A mixture of morning bagging with a few destinations hits. Twenty courses played. My favorites are as follows, with my (preliminary score) in parenthesis. 1. Raptor's Knoll in BC (4.35), 2. Shelton Springs in WA (4.20), 3. SeaTac in WA (3.95), 4. Pier Park in OR (3.65). YMMV
attachment.php

Did you run into The Valkyrie Kid when you were up there?

Fly into Vegas, several courses there, then a short drive to St. George which is beautiful and has several to play also. Plus, the drive through the Virgin River gorge is pretty awesome!

That's a great idea, thank you!

I have also considered flying into Salt Lake City, then flying to Reno to bag the Tahoe area, and finally driving to the bay area and flying out of San Francisco. Lots of courses I would like to play, plus visiting relatives along the way.

No reason not to do both, I suppose. :D

Did you run into The Valkyrie Kid when you were up there?

no. I attempted to message him a day before i knew i staying nearby his stomping grounds in Tacoma, but his message box was full. So the message never made it to him. So i played Shelton Springs an hour away instead of one near my hotel in Tacoma.

I see a lot of you are missing Idaho. tsk tsk. Pocatello has some good courses, I will guide you. :D

Fly into Vegas, several courses there, then a short drive to St. George which is beautiful and has several to play also. Plus, the drive through the Virgin River gorge is pretty awesome!

I have the same pre-DG Blues, I would have HI,CA,OR,WA,MT,ND,SD,MN,WI,MI,IL,IA,OH,LA and AL if I had started bagging sooner ... oh well. :\

I too have the "what if I started playing sooner DG course bagging blues". Of all the foreign ports visits, and duty stations I've been assigned. My signature could have been "Bagging courses from a Submarine".

I'm still regional bagging within three hours of Virginia Beach. I was visiting my father a few weeks ago in Plano, Texas and had brought a few discs with me. He's not doing well, so I decided to give him my full attention, no courses bagged. But it was killing me to be with an a few miles of some courses. I'll have to wait until that lower 48 course bagging tour, just not sure when, at least my wife likes the idea for different reasons.

Still looks pretty sparse if I don't cut it down to the Eastern US, but filled in southern Ontario and the surrounding area pretty nicely. About 90 courses in the Chicago area and at this zoom level it looks more like 10 :)
Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 3.39.40 PM.png

Where was the meetup? And how many states have you played now? It looks like 48

Meetup was from Kansas City to St. Louis, including Harmony Bends and Eagles Crossing. I missed the beginning of the meetup but I took a solo trip through southern Indiana, which has some lovely courses.

No new states this trip so still at 47 US states (missing UT, NV, and HI). DGCR adds in British Columbia and Washington DC for 49 "states".

I have an ethical questions to pose.

I went on a trip, brought a disc and threw it at some object targets in some places where there was no established course. I did not ask permission, but I'm not sure I needed it.

Here is a picture from one.KingGeorgesDiscGolf.png

It is tempting to create new courses for these places so I can enhance my map. This is what it would look like if I did. (Ignore Null Island.) But should I?

World.png

Or, is this post enough of a flex by itself?

It is tempting to create new courses for these places so I can enhance my map. This is what it would look like if I did. (Ignore Null Island.) But should I?
Please don't do this. It's very misleading to create "courses" for random areas without any baskets and will degrade the quality of the site to something more in line with the chaos on UDisc. When people search for courses, they aren't searching for pins on the map of everywhere you've thrown a disc, they are searching for real courses.