• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Speed 9-10 Drivers

Here you go.

discmania-pd-freak-s-line.jpg

Man, that stamp is so ugly.

Yeah I don't like the stamp either. I throw these instead.

jesse_pd_sl_frisbeepoint_MED.jpg

Last edited:
PD is speed 10. Not that it matters much, just to set it right.

Discmania stamps have some really bad ones as well, but for some reason I like the Freak zombie/whatever. Might get it tattooed, itd be a nice little suprise for those in the know. For others just a scary picture like the others.

Go ahead, tell me how crazy I am :D

Yeah I don't like the stamp either. I throw these instead.

jesse_pd_sl_frisbeepoint_MED.jpg

Terribly jealous that you guys get the classy stamp. I have a stack of first runs and next run shield stamps so I will hopefully not see the freak stamp in my bag (in S-Line anyway, can't avoid it in P-Line) for many years.

Played with a guy that said "I love Boss's!" And he did, to. He used a star boss for roller shots, anhyzer, hyzer, and PUTTING!!! Way to go!!

I have a silly question, do any of you think that someone might find this stamp offensive? I think it's cheesy and not necessarily offensive. Just wondering what other people might think.

I have a silly question, do any of you think that someone might find this stamp offensive? I think it's cheesy and not necessarily offensive. Just wondering what other people might think.

It's sheer ugliness offends me. Other than that though, no, it's not offensive.

If your're interested discgolfvalues.com still has the shield stamp S-PDs in stock, I recently picked up a couple.

I'd bag S-PDs tomorrow if I could get a stack of those classy looking bad boys.

Acetone and cotton balls, my friend.

Another possible alternative:

Guys who follow sports could dye their favorite team's logo right above the "Freak" to show that they are "freakishly" loyal to their team. Basically, you would acetone the zombie out and the slivers in the middle next to the zombie face. Afterwards, place the team's logo (or any other logo that you are a "freak" of) and dye it on there. Sounds silly explaining it, but I think it would look cool. Any thing is better than that pimple infested zombie.

Last edited:
You know, the champ valk we have is MUCH more stable than the others. As far as one mold goes, it's not a bad idea.

Not a bad idea. I went and tossed some Valks today and forgot how nice they are. Champs are stable enough for a good toss and they don't dump off too soon.

As I mentioned before, the PD is great and can do it all, but I have been flirting with the idea of a Valk/Predator combo. Does that sound good?

To pair with the PD I'd go Sidewinder, just a great US option without going into stuff like roadrunners etc which I've never been fond of.

Do it all 9-10 speed, personally I'd go

1. Pro-SL (Sold as the Pro-Starfire): Out of the box stable enough to fade decently hard and fight wind, broken in it's dead straight and just cruises, beat up it has enough glide to be a solid US/Turnover disc. The pro plastic will hold up longer than DX, but won't take ages to beat in either.

2. Light(ish) Volt: Something like 170ish grams. Max weight I'd say a touch too stable for a do everything disc. I don't personally have one, but have thrown it a decent amount with friends and it's right in that same range of the SL as far as ability to take whatever line you give it. Only problem is Volts take forever to break in. If you just want one singluar disc, Volt is a good choice. If you want one MOLD I'd go SL still.

3. Saint: Same deal as the Volt as far as ability to do anything. The Saint however is suuuuuuuuuper glidey, just sails, but that also makes it tougher for it to really fight wind. Likewise takes a while to break in being in premium plastic, though not quite as long as the Volt. Still, the Saint is one of the most popular discs around here for a reason. Definately worth testing out at least.

4. (My personal favorite) Viking: Can do a Champ/DX Combo for a single mold, a 168-170 champ for a single disc, and can even do a 175 DX for a single cheap do it all disc. Hell you could even go a 165ish DX for a good match with the PD. I only have a champion in my bag, but have owned two DX Vikings in the past that I've given away to friends just starting out and the Viking is just plain good. It doesn't have the overmold like the Volt, and it isn't quite as glidey as the Saint, but for a true do everything disc you can't beat the Viking. Fights wind without being super stable, flys like a laser but can still flex surprisingly well, great both BH and FH, and will hold an anny line well if you give it some mustard.

Just a few options here, I'm not super knowledgable about Discraft, DD, Gateway, etc so I'm sure there are comprable discs from them or other companies. Seriously though, Viking is redonk, love that disc.

Last edited:
To pair with the PD I'd go Sidewinder, just a great US option without going into stuff like roadrunners etc which I've never been fond of.

Do it all 9-10 speed, personally I'd go

1. Pro-SL (Sold as the Pro-Starfire): Out of the box stable enough to fade decently hard and fight wind, broken in it's dead straight and just cruises, beat up it has enough glide to be a solid US/Turnover disc. The pro plastic will hold up longer than DX, but won't take ages to beat in either.

I recently sat down my 13/12 speed discs. The SL in pro is my new favorite disc. Longer than my Beasts, and I do not lose it right unless I really screw up. While there is some fade at the and, it's not a huge hook. LOVE it. Oh, and $9.86 at the walmarks :D

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Striker. It's a good speed 9 disc.

How do the Orc and PD compare?

I find orcs have a stable flight with a later and less LSS fade while PDs of similar seasoning fade earlier. Orcs are slightly faster, and go further for me especially when they beat in and lose their HSS and LSS at about the same rate while PDs retain much of their HSS and tend to lose LSS first. I wouldn't trust a new Orc for headwinds much over 10-15mph without a fair amount of hyzer but PDs, especially C-PDs, crush the wind. For reference, I bag three Orcs for golf lines between 325-390'. I pair them with a tournament boatman for headwinds or shots needing more fade out to 375' on a really good full run up.