• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tearing up left toe on shoes, advice?

And I tear up my shoes big time and I still have pretty good form, imo, and I an still bomb 500+

I had this problem, though it seems to be going away, maybe my form is better (doubtful), or maybe it's just that I play that much less now :( . Anyway, for the toe of the shoe, I found it useful to build up (before it wears out) or repair the area that wears out with a big blob of Shoe Goo, or Goop. You may need to apply it in layers, and find a way to move and suspend the shoe so gravity creates the shape you want as it dries.

I'd recommend getting some keens kinda pricey if you only use them for disc golf. I also have had problems with tearing up my regular shoes because I twist my feet so much off the tee pads after releasing

I'd recommend getting some keens kinda pricey if you only use them for disc golf. I also have had problems with tearing up my regular shoes because I twist my feet so much off the tee pads after releasing

All shoes will get torn up. Im on my 4th pair of keens in 2 years.

I was wearing through my toes really quickly too (RHFH). Shoo Goo solved my problem. Cheap and long lasting. Best thing is you can put it on any type of shoe. I stopped trying to find a shoe that had a toe strong enough to defy my toe dragging (not Keen, nor my heavy Vibram soles on my hiking boots).

Rotate on the heel of your plant foot instead of the pad of your foot and slow down your xstep. I had the same problem and this was what fixed my problem.

I used to have the same problem with wearing out the toe from dragging my toe on FH throws. I did find the Shoe Goo worked really well and I used it regularly.

Over time, the problem went away. I'm still throwing about 30% FH off the tee, but no toe wear. I didn't do anything specific, I think I just got better at disc golf. :)

Latest posts