• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Best Challenger Plastic

What type of Challenger is the best

• Total voters
I've been sitting on a pair of black soft Elite X Challengers that I won in a putting event over a year ago. I just recently pulled them out to try and they are incredible. I was skeptical of them b/c they are lighter(165ish)...but they have changed my putting game. Anything outside of 40ft I'm pulling one out. Great glide and stability. And they feel sweet with a slight puddletop and super tackiness. I like them for shorter approaches too.

For driving I would go Cryztal Z...but hands down soft Elite X for putting!

I'm partial to Elite X and FLX

ESP FLX! My FLX Challenger is my favorite disc. It's an older run, one of the discs that is somewhat rubbery and tacos and still snaps back into shape. The newer FLX plastic is much stiffer and just doesn't feel as nice. I love this disc because it flies great, grabs the chains, is great for a catch, and is virtually indestructible. My Chally barely even has a nick in it after all these years (although now it has gotten a bit scuffed up since I've thrown in it for the dog quite a bit).

I've relegated my Challenger to upshots now while I use my Ion for putts. I still love it but I got an Ion and never really fully used it so I decided to give putts to Ion and straight upshots to Challenger. Hooray!

Wasn't sure which "Challenger" thread to post my question in. This one seemed best.

Anyone have/tryout these barstamp challengers? I was curious whether they were regular Pro-D just with a different stamp or if they were a bit different (like NateDoss or something)?

https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Discraft-Pro-D-Challenger-Small-Bar-Stamp-p/0008-0.htm
https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Discraft-Pro-D-Challenger-Large-Bar-Stamp-p/0007-0.htm

I know MSDG sells these too.

I have one of the large barstamps. It's a standard Pro D Challenger just with a different stamp.

I've been sitting on a pair of black soft Elite X Challengers that I won in a putting event over a year ago. I just recently pulled them out to try and they are incredible. I was skeptical of them b/c they are lighter(165ish)...but they have changed my putting game. Anything outside of 40ft I'm pulling one out. Great glide and stability. And they feel sweet with a slight puddletop and super tackiness. I like them for shorter approaches too.

For driving I would go Cryztal Z...but hands down soft Elite X for putting!

That's how I got started on Challengers. I had a Soft X one in my basement from a tournament. I picked it up while sorting through my discs and it felt great in my hand. Ever since then, the Challenger has been my primary putter. Soft X for cold and wet weather, and Pro D when it's warm.

I have one of the large barstamps. It's a standard Pro D Challenger just with a different stamp.

IMO they really aren't the same at all...I use the barstamps as my putter and have plenty of the stock challengers. The stock challengers are stiffer and are more Cam Todd esque. I like the concaveness that many of the bar stamps provide right out of the box which in my experience most of the small bars provide. The big bars tend to have more of a dome and I use those for approaches.

Cheers to hopefully adding the ti challenger to this poll soon.

Wasn't sure which "Challenger" thread to post my question in. This one seemed best.

Anyone have/tryout these barstamp challengers? I was curious whether they were regular Pro-D just with a different stamp or if they were a bit different (like NateDoss or something)?

https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Discraft-Pro-D-Challenger-Small-Bar-Stamp-p/0008-0.htm
https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Discraft-Pro-D-Challenger-Large-Bar-Stamp-p/0007-0.htm

I know MSDG sells these too.

I got a small bar stamp yellow 2 yes ago from dd that was almost as stiff as a cam. I ordered another yellow small from dd right after Christmas and it was regular pro d. So, nothing definitive...

The firm elite x an the pro d are the best plastic IMO, the crystals are great for driving an up shots tho. As a side note the firm elite xs are hard to come by so if any of you have any you want to get rid of pm me.

A year ago I felt up a pro D Challenger in a shop, was intrigued, and my dream came true this black friday weekend. Looking forward to throwing it this week in the snow.

I love D plastic. For my short range drives or putts with a focus or challenger I always prefer D.

what? you all prefer the D? no way, id do soft x at best. but that d dings easier than any other plastic on the market. it will look like a dog chewed it up after two rounds.

Latest posts