• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

I ordered a mic clip (the adjustable size one) on either Thursday or Friday so when it arrives I'll rig it up somehow and post pics here.

Also re coated the bottom of my bag and did the frame as well while I was at it. I'll post pics tonight

I was wondering if people with the innova comp bag, plasti dipped just the main bottom or if they also plasti dipped the bottom of the side pouches as well?

I just slapped a few layers of plasti dip on the bottom of my bag, gotta say I'm loving it already.

I was wondering if people with the innova comp bag, plasti dipped just the main bottom or if they also plasti dipped the bottom of the side pouches as well?

I plasti-dipped everything that touches the ground on my Tourney bag.

I just slapped a few layers of plasti dip on the bottom of my bag, gotta say I'm loving it already.

Just wait till the fumes get out of your system, then you'll like it even more!

I own a deluxe bag and did the bottom of everything that COULD get wet... Even the entire side pouch next to the bottle holder. Keeps me phone dry.:thmbup:

As U.P.S says right under your post, I did the exact same. Over two days, I slapped on a few layers on the main bottom, and the pockets....the only thing I didn't do was the water bottle holders.

I plasti-dipped everything that touches the ground on my Tourney bag.

Just wait till the fumes get out of your system, then you'll like it even more!

The first night I did this, I did it in the middle of my kitchen when my little girl and gf were asleep with the exhaust fan etc on, still got a nice whiff of the awfulness, it felt as though I had 200 sharpies open at the same time. The second time I went out on my enclosed porch with the windows open, much better idea :thmbup:

My Revolution bag (purchased in 2001) is still holding on, but it is starting to wear pretty badly on the bottom from the inside. Has anyone Plasti-dipped the bottom on the inside & outside?? Would it be OK to do? How long does the stuff take to dry? I can't be without my bag long.

My Revolution bag (purchased in 2001) is still holding on, but it is starting to wear pretty badly on the bottom from the inside. Has anyone Plasti-dipped the bottom on the inside & outside?? Would it be OK to do? How long does the stuff take to dry? I can't be without my bag long.

It seems dry to the touch within like 15 minutes or so, but they say wait 30 min between layers, and 4 hours before use? That's probably to cover their bases so you don't ruin something expensive, and try to sue

I dont know about doing the inside though....

put on about 6-7 layers today on the bottom and side pouch i used the spray plasti dip since i had more then half a can left over from when i did my fade lite bag about 2 years ago...got a lil over spray cause it was windy out...nothing a disc golf patch cant fix

If at all possible, invert the bag and do the inside first. This will give it a longer drying time. The plasti-dip is just rubbery enough to keep the discs from sliding down when your bag isn't full. Another option for inside is plastic milk jugs with one side cut out [facing up], and two jugs laced together with a piece of ensolite pad on the bottom. Adds rigidity and discs can't wet the bag like a 4-month old at 3 AM. :p

I probably added 2 pounds to my bag with truck bed liner and the PVC frame. Now I know I need quads lol. Lucky it's a medium sized bag and not giant

After reading this I'm definately thinking of plasti coatin my new bag when it comes. Only thing I'm worried about is that I only had my 'old' one since christmas so a month and a half before it broke. Fade is replacing it now but if I plasti coat it and it happens again I'm gonna assume they won't cover it due to "mods" correct? Could definately use the safe coating for the rest of these snow/rain/melt/freeze/slop/mud MN months before summer tho. :\