• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did two more yesterday with my day off, Really love the colors on Yoshii, wanted to purple to come out a bit lighter but still is really vibrant, and the purple haze Abita cap which looks great, a bit of a bleed around the stamp. Those Millennium discs are a PITA.

View attachment 13564

View attachment 13565

Wow, I like the neon green and purple combo though. I've been wanting to do one like that.

Thanks Hyzer, the freezer helps "set" the dye, a day in the freezer right after the dye will keep it blurring much longer.

A couple that I just pulled out of the fridge. Sorry the lighting is not so go.

Star Sidewinder
_DSC0606.jpg

Star Mako
_DSC0607.jpg

Star Wraith. Bright white with nice pink swirls
_DSC0609.jpg

Thanks! It's my favorite, and looks way better in person. :hfive:

P.S. It took forever to cut out all those little pieces.

I did an experiment with the dye. I floated some shaving cream on top of my dye bath. It disolved pretty quickly though. I tried the same thing on a another dye and the shaving cream dissipated really quickly and had no effect on the the color. Not a technique that I advocate since if it works well you can't use that dye batch again unless you add some more liquid dye or something.

The red worked out better than I thought it would on the blue plastic. It looks better than the pic suggests.

SDC10824.jpg

New England monsoon makes everything dark, forces me to use flash while taking picture. Gah!
This one's for the wife. Pivot blade (or whatever you call it) was very useful here. Free 3M sample vinyl proved to be very effective as well, with not a bubble to be found on both masks. Better results than the Arlon stuff I've been using, but leaves more residue after weeding. I guess I can deal. Can anyone suggest a good way to prevent remasks from removing prior dye jobs?
BTW, this is an X-Out Beast, not a Dragon...

Nope, remasks will always pull up dye. A freezer session before hand might reduce it a bit (I'm too impatient most of the time to try that). That's awesome though dude! Especially for a handcut! Those pivot blades are nice, they're just expensive...

I've had this image for a while, waiting for the right disc. I found it the other day in the river, a beat up predator.
CIMG8201.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks Koogs. That's downright creepy. Even more so considering it's origin.

Hey you've got one in your collection, I'm assuming it's a Beast or Monster. Black dye on a blue disc, somehow you got a hair effect. How'd you do that?

I have been yeing for years. Just joined this forum. Specialize in multicolors. Here is my latest:

Photo_8CF96A92-255B-F991-7A86-598A295308761.jpg

Also do Black dyes, everything I do is hand cut. here are a couple of my latest:

Photo_C8211936-1E92-E9DE-2E36-092B4632C53C1.jpg

Photo_3F95BB6B-5084-D718-9ED7-0D79134EB3C2.jpg

Just started working on a poker dogs dye. multicolor of course. Have to freehand alot of the drawing before I even start the cuts.

Also working on getting a nationwide sponsor. One of the bigger DG sponsors out there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts