• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I continue to think it is weird that Niklas wrote a post that said, "I am so grateful to Discmania…[h]owever…it's time to turn a new page in my career" and then stayed with Discmania.

Maybe something was lost in translation. Or the fun part of the fake-out is lost on me.

In Niklas' Upshot interview, he said the mis-direction was intentional to keep people talking about him and Discmania through Buhr signing. Finnish dude played us.

Next year, I wonder if we'll see more intentional lying/joking.

Yeah, that course is borderline unwatchable. good battle between Welck and AB though.

jacob curtis aka cupcake left Clash discs and signed with Infinite Discs.
Cupcake is fun to watch, he's got some power and when he learns how to control that power, I think we hear more from him. I watched him on video runner up to Eagle at Goat Hill and back in the fall when he won the Halloween class in Vegas. I think he threw like a 500 plus foot roller in Vegas. he also needs to be quicker on his putts, he's worse than Nikko. Gossage called him on it in Vegas when it was obvious that cupcake was going to win the tournament. I think he did it to help him and become more self aware.

Still waiting on Pierce and Gannon news.
How many pants would be pooped if Paige went to MVP?

The overmolded buzzz could've been an Easter egg.

I think everybody is expecting her to extend with DC though. Or maybe they make a move for Missy and let he be the FPO face of the company?

Not a huge name, but I didn't see an announcement for Chandler Kramer yet. He said he would announce in January, so I guess there is still some time.
All indications on his Instagram show him being sponsored by Hooligan still. (He was dual Lonestar/Hooligan last season) and when Hooligan left to mold to their own discs, he couldn't be sponsored by both. Figured he would test the market, but seems he likes Hooligan and their owner and stayed with them. He's wearing Hooligan gear and throwing Hooligan discs on his insta currently anyways.

Cupcake is fun to watch, he's got some power and when he learns how to control that power, I think we hear more from him. I watched him on video runner up to Eagle at Goat Hill and back in the fall when he won the Halloween class in Vegas. I think he threw like a 500 plus foot roller in Vegas. he also needs to be quicker on his putts, he's worse than Nikko. Gossage called him on it in Vegas when it was obvious that cupcake was going to win the tournament. I think he did it to help him and become more self aware.
I would call that the exact opposite of "fun to watch."

All indications on his Instagram show him being sponsored by Hooligan still. (He was dual Lonestar/Hooligan last season) and when Hooligan left to mold to their own discs, he couldn't be sponsored by both. Figured he would test the market, but seems he likes Hooligan and their owner and stayed with them. He's wearing Hooligan gear and throwing Hooligan discs on his insta currently anyways.

Could be, although his comments from December and early January seem to indicate that he might have another sponsorship lined up:
  • Where do you think I will go? Who do you think should pick me up? Let me know in the comments!
  • Also decided on who I'm signing with for the 2024 season. I'll announce that in January :)

I would call that the exact opposite of "fun to watch."
Yes, it's agonizing waiting for him to putt. He said he was going to work on it during the off-season. Regardless, the rest of his game is fun to watch.

Two MVP observations, post-Eagle announcement:

• In hindsight, the thought of "James for MVP, Simon for Axiom, Eagle for Streamline" might turn out to be just a fever dream. Although its true that SO FAR, James' discs have been MVP and Simon's discs have been Axiom, it doesn't necessarily follow that Eagle's will be Streamline, especially given his comments about gyro technology.

• MVP's Premier MPO team is pretty great, but Premier FPO active tour players are Sarah, Elaine and Madison. Maybe they have some "up and comers" on the lower teams, but it sure seems like they've overlooked FPO while stacking up MPO.

Knut Van Haaland has moved from Innova to Discmania as per the memes he posted on his Instagram.

Not just memes, but a video compilation of them. Some innovative stuff here.

• In hindsight, the thought of "James for MVP, Simon for Axiom, Eagle for Streamline" might turn out to be just a fever dream. Although its true that SO FAR, James' discs have been MVP and Simon's discs have been Axiom, it doesn't necessarily follow that Eagle's will be Streamline, especially given his comments about gyro technology.

• MVP's Premier MPO team is pretty great, but Premier FPO active tour players are Sarah, Elaine and Madison. Maybe they have some "up and comers" on the lower teams, but it sure seems like they've overlooked FPO while stacking up MPO.
Eagle has said in interviews that he will not have a signature line of discs with this new contract. His reasoning is that the current lineup will be filled in with Conrad and Simon line discs and he likes the other discs MVP is producing.

MVP signed Silva Saarinen (DGPT ROTY) last month. She can putt nearly as well as Ohn Scoggins and make an impact touring in both US and Europe. High ceiling player with lead card potential.

For the most part, MPO is where the money is at as far as moving discs... would be cool to see them really aim for some of the best juniors coming up.... grow the talent, then help it... then market it once on tour.

For the most part, MPO is where the money is at as far as moving discs... would be cool to see them really aim for some of the best juniors coming up.... grow the talent, then help it... then market it once on tour.
I mean, they signed two Rookies of the year 2023, Silva Saarinen and Paul Krans 🤷‍♂️