• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I think the key here with these manufacturers is they're all cashing in on Eagle speculation whether or not he gets to their company it's drumming up rumors, and any publicity is always good

I wonder why Discraft doesn't announce the elite team. Seems like they are waiting on something. If the team is the same as last year they would have announced it already.

This is a good point.

Either going to have a big reveal, or just waiting until after the remaining big announcements (Eagle and Antilla), to avoid the buzz surrounding that.

At this point, I'm guessing Eagle to Innova and Antilla to Clash.

Probably wrong.

That's really interesting. They don't outright say it, but definitely imply an enhanced gyro effect from the technology.

I wonder if the enhanced grip bit was intended initially or if they were looking for creative ways to enhance gyro while avoiding the patent on overmolds and the grip thing was a happy consequence.

Props to Clash for thinking outside the box and trying something unique.
Not sure MVP has a patent on overmolding, though anything is possible. MVP really can't claim "gyro" or "overmold", as the Wham-O, Inc Max Flight from 1997 I believe was the first 2 piece disc, and the Quest AT Odyssey Driver (molded by Gateway I think) has "gyroscopic" on the stamp in 2006 before MVP made their first disc. *I'm sure there are other people who know the history much better and can correct me. Lat 64 (Gobi) and Innova (Nova) for instance are overmolded as well so I don't think there are any legal reasons Clash would have to word things a certain way to avoid the words "gyro" or "overmold".

Not sure MVP has a patent on overmolding, though anything is possible. MVP really can't claim "gyro" or "overmold", as the Wham-O, Inc Max Flight from 1997 I believe was the first 2 piece disc, and the Quest AT Odyssey Driver (molded by Gateway I think) has "gyroscopic" on the stamp in 2006 before MVP made their first disc. *I'm sure there are other people who know the history much better and can correct me. Lat 64 (Gobi) and Innova (Nova) for instance are overmolded as well so I don't think there are any legal reasons Clash would have to word things a certain way to avoid the words "gyro" or "overmold".
They do have patents...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4nWq2tJNB0

"Gyro" is a registered trademark so using that term would be a legal issue for Clash.

Kinda surprised about Gannons ITB. I think if I were Discmania, I would have told him, you are one of the best players on the planet. You can crush with DM manufactured stuff. Forget the old stuff.

FWIW, my last year with DM the contract stipulated I throw only DM. A nobody like me. I didnt really mind TBH. And I took it a notch further out of my own choice, and dropped all the Innova manufactured DM as well. Working in new stuff is usually fun.

Kinda surprised about Gannons ITB. I think if I were Discmania, I would have told him, you are one of the best players on the planet. You can crush with DM manufactured stuff. Forget the old stuff.

FWIW, my last year with DM the contract stipulated I throw only DM. A nobody like me. I didnt really mind TBH. And I took it a notch further out of my own choice, and dropped all the Innova manufactured DM as well. Working in new stuff is usually fun.
Considering Gannon loved also some of the older runs at Prodigy, I'm not sure he would've accepted that and it would've been pretty weird demand from DM. Join us, but you can't throw all our molds.

The one thing I found funny more than anything else was how he had bunch of Eagle stamped stuff, but couldn't mention his name at any point. That certainly wasn't coincidence.

Considering Gannon loved also some of the older runs at Prodigy, I'm not sure he would've accepted that and it would've been pretty weird demand from DM. Join us, but you can't throw all our molds.

The one thing I found funny more than anything else was how he had bunch of Eagle stamped stuff, but couldn't mention his name at any point. That certainly wasn't coincidence.
Yse that looked kind of wierd. . .but i guess the Rainmaker wil get a new name and stamp as soon as they can. . .if Gannon will bag the Rainmaker

Andrew Miranda - Flex Team DGA.

Regarding old Discmania Plastic, I started throwing Gremlin GMs about 20 something years ago in anticipation of Gannon joining Discmania. Thinkin' Manufacturer Pro Team members drive my bag content (or maybe just provides validation of my disc choices since my game doesn't do it.)

Andrew Miranda - Flex Team DGA.

Regarding old Discmania Plastic, I started throwing Gremlin GMs about 20 something years ago in anticipation of Gannon joining Discmania. Thinkin' Manufacturer Pro Team members drive my bag content (or maybe just provides validation of my disc choices since my game doesn't do it.)
Are you Vegan Ray?

MVPs overmold patent claims an overmold of very specific densities, and the density must be higher than that of the flight plate plastic. As for Gyro, if something has more rotational inertia, that means it will be harder to spin, which means while "gyro" would keep RPMs for slightly longer, you're not going to hit the same RPMs you would with like a blizzard boss of the same weight with a bubble rim.

Also I wonder of the durability of the Tone plastic of Clash. Foundation tested that two part plastic they put out recently and it was not holding up well. Sorry for instagram link. Temperature appears to be the main factor with adhesion.

Gloriously cheesy haha.. saw it coming a mile away. Haha a Prism envy for Eagles first disc? Not the best envy bud... but welcome anyways

Edit: my brain just kicked into hours late, it was prism proton if those are anything like the OTB soft protons they are freaking amazing

Last edited:

Latest posts