• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Are you restocking on Raptors at the same time as the Ptero? One of my coworkers wants to get one.

In related news, I went and played with a guy I knew and watched him chuck my Raptor 500ish ft.

Yes sir. We should have both reloaded sometime this month. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Who is this anonymous gunslinger?!

A Raptor 500'???

... that's as unimaginable as throwing a Gator straight...

My Raptor is lucky to break 320'... 300' with a hard smack into the ground is more likely. I get the same distance out of some mids as I can on my Raptor. The thing is just WICKED OS. Which is why I love it. It's perfect for utility shots. I've always carried a Firebird, Gator, Whippet, Drone, X1, Hornet, ect for those shots that need to either get around close obstacles then come back hard and fast or those shots that need a late, but VERY strong fade. The Raptor fits the bill beautifully. When the firmer plastic is released, I will definitely be replacing my X1 with a Raptor.

A Raptor 500'???

... that's as unimaginable as throwing a Gator straight...

Haven't you watched the tourney video where a guy is throwing a beat champ Gator and it flies like a DX Roc? ;) I think it was Kyle Eckman throwing it, and I think it was one of the Central Coast Disc Golf videos, although I'm not positive. It was impressively straight for a Gator.

Haven't you watched the tourney video where a guy is throwing a beat champ Gator and it flies like a DX Roc? ;) I think it was Kyle Eckman throwing it, and I think it was one of the Central Coast Disc Golf videos, although I'm not positive. It was impressively straight for a Gator.

I've seen that. That's gotta be an insanely beat gator!

I've played with some real cannons before. It always blows my mind how straight their gators/firebird/pd2s/whatever are.

I have got to say I am really impressed with RDG. The buying experience and customer service are amazing. So many buyers are moving to online sales for convinience but RDG pairs the convinience of online buying with the personal experience of walking into a store and talking to someone who knows what they are talking about and cares. Great work guys!

Love everything you guys do but i got a question.

Do you guys sell/make more from the wizards?
They're always in stock but your discs never are, I'd like to try the ptero or invest more into my raptor but it's hard knowing they're rarely available.
Not trying to be a dick, just curious as i refresh the store daily.

Do you guys sell/make more from the wizards?
They're always in stock but your discs never are, I'd like to try the ptero or invest more into my raptor but it's hard knowing they're rarely available.

It's just because we gobble up every ounce of RDG molds they can post in minutes. It's a freaking carnivorous scene when the click-war starts the day of RDG restocks. Literally hours and it's gone... I've lost out on discs I was waiting for because they were restocked and then sold within a 2 hour window when I wasn't at my desk to be able to refresh. Gotta love it! :D

Do you guys sell/make more from the wizards? We make the same amount of money from the sales of Wizards as we do from our own molds. I'd say ultimately we may make a bit more margin wise off the sale of our drivers than our PnA's.

I have a case of fifty more Raptors sitting next to my desk here at work! The availability issue with our drivers should be alleviated this spring as Daredevil seems ready to take the next step in their own manufacturing. And ulimately, the Ptero/Raptor are made using Daredevil's current molds so you always have the ability to grab their plastic and get a similar flight as well!

I am always open to comments, questions and criticisms. Don't ever feel bad for asking tough questions.

Hopefully our availability issues will improve here in early 2016.

I'm so out of the loop. A new Missouri disc golf company and I didn't really even know they existed or were located here until very recently.

Might have to try out some of the Fossil Serpents. Loved the magic, and have been wanting to try one out again 6-7 years after I originally bagged them as my main putter.

Is there a brick and mortar location that I can visit? If it's close to Columbia, I will definitely swing past there to say hi and check out some product.

I'm so out of the loop. A new Missouri disc golf company and I didn't really even know they existed or were located here until very recently.

Might have to try out some of the Fossil Serpents. Loved the magic, and have been wanting to try one out again 6-7 years after I originally bagged them as my main putter.

Is there a brick and mortar location that I can visit? If it's close to Columbia, I will definitely swing past there to say hi and check out some product.

Nah we are online only.
We've been fighting the good fight since late 2013 so I'm glad your catching wind of us now :thmbup:

Browse our site and this thread and let me know if you have ANY questions. I really appreciate local love!

I've been out of touch with disc golf since late 2011 when my son was born :D

I'll be sure to check out the website!

I've a reasonably healthy stack of the molds in StL. You can try them out. I'll PM you with more details.

Question. Got my lotr wizards today. Ordered two fossil and two fossil fuels. Love them so far but under flex, all four have a single F. Guessing that's fossil. Any chance my order was filled wrong and I got 4 fossils?

Question. Got my lotr wizards today. Ordered two fossil and two fossil fuels. Love them so far but under flex, all four have a single F. Guessing that's fossil. Any chance my order was filled wrong and I got 4 fossils?

Fuels are blue
Fossil is white

Both are penned F so don't fret!

Any chance there is going to be another run of the chalky RFF Serpents? The rim is firm, the flight plate has a good amount of give, the grip is great, they don't show much wear, and it's tacky enough to grab the chains... I love them.

Also, any news on the Pteros or Tyrants?

Latest posts