• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top five bomber courses.

air show

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Blue Valley Park KC, MO
The Preserve @ Pine Oaks Ocala, FL
Old Settlers Park Round Rock, TX
Branson Cedars Resort Tree hour DGC Ridgedale, MO
Creve Coeur Lake Park St. Louis, MO

Honorable mentions:

Ewing Park DesMoines, IA
Pickard Park Indianola, IA
Sioux Passage- Original St. Louis, MO
Haikey Creek Park Tulsa, OK
Wyandotte County Park Bonner Springs, Ks

Always in search of new bomber courses.

I remember the first time I played in the Highway 69 doubles tournament. It plays both Pickard and Ewing. I had never played on a course with that type of length. It was humbling for my less than stellar arm. Great courses though a lot of fun to play.

Renaissance gold is rather long

Long, but I don't find myself throwing many bombs on that one, placement shots with a roc, yes, bombs with a destroyer, nope.

I will say:

Milo
Highbridge Gold
Blue Valley
Tinicum
Selah either course from the longs...

I don't typically like bomber courses, so I find myself scraping my memory for those that stand out, I know I've probably played like 100 that would fit the description of 'bomber' but not many that I enjoyed much...

Last edited:
Any golf course that uses baskets.
There's plenty of open fields with like 10 trees on the entire course that try and use 600-1000 feet holes so the length defeats the sheer nothingness that the land offers.

My 5:

Highbridge Gold
Blue Valley
Milo
Creve Coeur
Old Settlers

Other bomber courses in MN/WI: Ft. Snelling, Elm Creek, Giants Ridge, Big Brother.

What makes a course a bomber? Average hole over 500 feet?

Branson Cedars probably doesn't belong on that list, imo.

But Blue Valley sure does :)

Go to Giants Ridge, Monte du Lac, and Highbridge. That'll learn you :D

Last edited:
What makes a course a bomber?

Any stretch of land over 500ft with a basket placed at the end. I'm still relatively new to disc golf (3 years in) but I hope the future of the game is more on disc selection, technical shots, etc, compared to bombing drives. I've even talked to some open players who admit a couple of long holes are fun, but to shake things up you need alot more than just hyzer, bird, hyzer bird, repeat till someone misses a putt.

I like courses with many holes that give the disc as much air time as pos. Holes that take your breath away. Elevation change an obstacles that will pucker your rear end.

Milo is quite long but mostly manageable if you can place your shots 350 or so. That and the variety is part of what make it one of the best.

Hornings Meadow Ridge has enough bomber holes I think it could qualify but there are a ton of shorter twisting holes too.

Seeing milo listed, but I honestly think if you're talking Oregon courses than Blue Lake consistently has a lot more length and shots you can let loose, at the risk of going OB of course.

Long, but I don't find myself throwing many bombs on that one, placement shots with a roc, yes, bombs with a destroyer, nope.

I will say:

Milo
Highbridge Gold
Blue Valley
Tinicum
Selah either course from the longs...

I don't typically like bomber courses, so I find myself scraping my memory for those that stand out, I know I've probably played like 100 that would fit the description of 'bomber' but not many that I enjoyed much...

beat me to it on Tinicum. need to play some of these others.

Funny that I don't like bomber courses much; I'm with MartinDewgarita in that respect. However, I don't think of High Bridge gold in that manner. You have to throw far; but you also have to get to places for your next throw far shot to be part of course management. Therefore, it's not JUST throw far...
Interesting thought on Tiinicum from me as well....very early in my playing days, I happened to show up at Tinicum during their annual big tourney; which also incorporated their overall games for the year; i.e. MTA, Accuracy, etc. I played the course during lunch break and got to see some great disc golf as well as fun extra activities. I didn't really think of it as a bomber course and remember throwing my stringray a good amount?

Last edited:
Ozark Mountain is every single bit of a par 72 course.. Can't wait for April to roll back around!

Ozark Mountain is every single bit of a par 72 course.. Can't wait for April to roll back around!

Yet another long one I don't think of as a "bomber" I suppose along the lines of Highbridge Gold or WR Jackson - Several holes that can definitely be bombed, but many more where ripping a driver will get you in more trouble than it's worth.

Anyway, is there any info about the OMO for next year yet? Trying to plan my tournaments for next year...

Latest posts