• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top five bomber courses.

Wyandotte County Park for sure. That course can be cruel!

For Minnesota... Elm Creek is the only thing that comes to mind. Just open holes that can be torn apart with any sort of distance.

Here are my top five bombers from the courses I've played.

Franklin Park, Purcellville VA - Over 8000' in length and few trees. lots of elevation in play including a 'top of the world' shot on hole 6 and many places to air out distance drivers.
The Woodshed, Paw Paw WV - Really you could pick also pick Whippin' Post but in my mind the Woodshed has more memorable wide open shots.
Bryan Park, Richmond VA - City park with mature trees on many of the fairways. Lot's of elevation and lots of shots with high speed drivers.
Hawk Hollow, Spotsylvania VA - Another 8000'+ course with many 'top of the world' shots.
The Valley, Inver Grove Heights MN - Maybe it's because I played this course on a windy March day but I recall most of the course as being pretty open.

Surprised it took 8 pages to see Franklin park. Most open course I have ever played with very few worries of losing a disc. Nothing but Distance Drivers off all but 4 tees. Fun reprieve from the rest of the courses in the area.

Why did you quote my list? Those aren't courses, they're reasons people post questionable responses.

Ummm well bc most of these reponses dont even seem to be actual bomber courses and was agreeing with your post?

Bomber courses are so lame. Highbridge gold and the likes dont just need bombs. The OP posted about fun long holes not bomber courses really.

I played West Lake today. That is a glorious bomber course.
You have to throw long and with control to score around par, if you're long and a bit out of control, the penalty strokes will gobble you up. Plus, if you play safe you're losing strokes. It's hard to describe how well it plays as a competitive course.

Live near two of the ten listed by the op, Creve Couer and Sioux Passage. Only played CC once and it's long and long and flat. I considered Sioux my home course at one time, man is it fun. It will ruin a noobie, it is pretty long so all I ever wanted to do was throw drivers. After more than ten years I'm finally trying to learn how to throw properly.

Ummm well bc most of these reponses dont even seem to be actual bomber courses and was agreeing with your post?

Bomber courses are so lame. Highbridge gold and the likes dont just need bombs. The OP posted about fun long holes not bomber courses really.

Gotcha, thanks for agreeing.

Winthrop gold?
Rotary park(Frank Liske) concord nd
Toboggan is full of full throws.

Last edited:
Plz stop posting Winthrop gold as a bomber course unless you've played it.

Around Missouri, I'd say top 5 is:

Swope Gold
Big Blue
Indian Camp Creek
Wyandotte County
Old Sioux Passage

Ozark Mountain didn't make the list, because I don't think distance is much of and advantage there. #18 might be the only hole that 450-500 is better than 350-400. #17 being a great example: 450' thrower needs to lay up, then throw a mid-range shot; 350' thrower has 2 full(ish) drives. Both looking for a 3.

In regards to highbridge I would say granite ridge is more rewarding to big bombers then gold. There is a handful under 300 feet however.
I agree with this sentiment. Blueberry is the most technical, Granite is the most friendly to power shots, and Gold combines the need for an arm with the technical game.

Any of the mentioned top difficulty gold courses that requires "rocs" and "placement" drives.... during any casual doubles round. Because you KNOW you're going for "that gap" every damn time.

Latest posts