• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Truly unique molds

The Dog Vomit Slime Mold. Brightly colored and harmless, found on all continents, much higher resistance to zinc toxicity than any other living being

Shark, nobody else has a domed no bead OS midrange with a concave flight plate. Disc Companies either copy the Buzzz/Shark 3, Comet, ROC, or have the companies own mold designs for midrange discs.

Nobody wants to copy the Shark.

Then why have some Disc manufactures made a Shark 3 like disc before Innova did? Namely Dynamic Disc with the fixed newer Emac Truth. That is almost a Shark 3 5|4|0|2 made before or at the same time as the Shark 3. The newer Emac Truth is at 5|4 or 3|0|1 but in right plastic flying like the Shark 3. The original Truth is a Buzzz 5|4 or 3|-1|1.

I get why no brand wants to copy such a versatile mold due to odd dome to the mold making Shark mold too much between a putter and midrange. At least I know the Shark mold is not going anywhere soon as long as Dave D is in charge. The Lion is what he wanted the Shark or Shark 3/flat top Shark discs to be from a post. Odd since the two molds Shark 3 And Lion fly almost the same from video I have seen of somebody similar power to me throwing the Shark.

Then why have some Disc manufactures made a Shark 3 like disc before Innova did? Namely Dynamic Disc with the fixed newer Emac Truth. That is almost a Shark 3 5|4|0|2 made before or at the same time as the Shark 3. The newer Emac Truth is at 5|4 or 3|0|1 but in right plastic flying like the Shark 3. The original Truth is a Buzzz 5|4 or 3|-1|1.

I get why no brand wants to copy such a versatile mold due to odd dome to the mold making Shark mold too much between a putter and midrange. At least I know the Shark mold is not going anywhere soon as long as Dave D is in charge. The Lion is what he wanted the Shark or Shark 3/flat top Shark discs to be from a post. Odd since the two molds Shark 3 And Lion fly almost the same from video I have seen of somebody similar power to me throwing the Shark.

Flight numbers are arbitrary, general guidelines. A Truth does not feel like a Shark. I will continue to say Shark and it includes the 3 mold.

Companies copy the Roc and Buzzz because they're the GOATs. Just like the Teebird has been copied a million times, yet the Stalker not so much. Companies want to make money, they are a business after all.

How often do people talk about the Shark on DGCR without you in the conversation?

Or the Magnet, Archon, #2 Upshot...

Both the Sinus and the Spike. I don't think I've seen another company utilize grip pads on the top of the flight plate like these discs have. Same idea was used on the Raketen and the Misselen from Lat 64 as well.

Both the Sinus and the Spike. I don't think I've seen another company utilize grip pads on the top of the flight plate like these discs have. Same idea was used on the Raketen and the Misselen from Lat 64 as well.

"Sure Grip" Surges were a thing for a while...or at least I think that's the name they gave it. Two smaller rough patches on top for your thumb.

Or the Magnet, Archon, #2 Upshot...

#2 Upshot has been copied Similar by two molds of disc by Innova.

Archon is a longer Valkyrie if in Star and a few brands have such a disc. Want unique mold in this flight pat?, that is the Wahoo if that has not been said yet.

Magnet got copied by Legacy with the Clutch and a Titanic out forever is a Magnet with a taller nose due to the spacer. A unique putter mold with a concave wing is the Hydra due in part to how OS it is and the fact for a putter it floats over water, out since 2004 and my dad has had the mold since early 2005.

#2 Upshot has been copied Similar by two molds of disc by Innova.

Archon is a longer Valkyrie if in Star and a few brands have such a disc. Want unique mold in this flight pat?, that is the Wahoo if that has not been said yet.

Magnet got copied by Legacy with the Clutch and a Titanic out forever is a Magnet with a taller nose due to the spacer. A unique putter mold with a concave wing is the Hydra due in part to how OS it is and the fact for a putter it floats over water, out since 2004 and my dad has had the mold since early 2005.

Your right here, but I think he means that your affinity for those molds as well and the Shark is not shared by the majority of disc golfers/forum users.

I like the #2 upshot though, it's the disc I learned hyzerflips with so I can't hate on that.

Your right here, but I think he means that your affinity for those molds as well and the Shark is not shared by the majority of disc golfers/forum users.

I like the #2 upshot though, it's the disc I learned hyzerflips with so I can't hate on that.

The Clutch a number of players use on here and nearly the same disc just a speed faster then what Discraft does with the Magnet at speed 2. The Shark is Odd though not many want to copy the mold for whatever reason.

Another uniuqe mold is the Putt'r more for how the lids side is wider at the bottom then the top. Not many Disc Golf companies that make lids copy them this way.

The Clutch a number of players use on here and nearly the same disc just a speed faster then what Discraft does with the Magnet at speed 2. The Shark is Odd though not many want to copy the mold for whatever reason.

Another uniuqe mold is the Putt'r more for how the lids side is wider at the bottom then the top. Not many Disc Golf companies that make lids copy them this way.

The Sharks issue is that weird angle change in the middle of the wing. It feels really odd and It seems many, including myself are not fans.

The Sharks issue is that weird angle change in the middle of the wing. It feels really odd and It seems many, including myself are not fans.

The ROC has the slightly skinnier version of the Concave wing to it and a ROC is used by a number of people. Why I can use a Shark/3 is this, the way I do midrange grip is with the index finger bent or in shorter stuff the putter grip with the index finger in the rim in deep part of the grove.

The ROC has the slightly skinnier version of the Concave wing to it and a ROC is used by a number of people. Why I can use a Shark/3 is this, the way I do midrange grip is with the index finger bent or in shorter stuff the putter grip with the index finger in the rim in deep part of the grove.

Concave is fine, it's the fact that it's got a ridge in the middle of the wing. That's the weird part.

Concave is fine, it's the fact that it's got a ridge in the middle of the wing. That's the weird part.
I threw Sharks and Hawks for quite a while in the early/mid 90's. Years later when just looking at discs in the collection I noticed the ridge in the wing; when I was throwing them I never noticed it. I also never noticed the bead on the Roc and Cobra VS the Shark and Stingray; it never bothered me and I never looked at the discs that closely.

Years later the Internet came up and people would ask questions and I'd have to run down and look at the discs in my stash to answer them, because 15 years ago if you asked me if the Shark had a bead or no I would have had no idea. I never looked at the disc that closely when I was throwing them, I just looked at how they flew.

I threw Sharks and Hawks for quite a while in the early/mid 90's. Years later when just looking at discs in the collection I noticed the ridge in the wing; when I was throwing them I never noticed it. I also never noticed the bead on the Roc and Cobra VS the Shark and Stingray; it never bothered me and I never looked at the discs that closely.

Years later the Internet came up and people would ask questions and I'd have to run down and look at the discs in my stash to answer them, because 15 years ago if you asked me if the Shark had a bead or no I would have had no idea. I never looked at the disc that closely when I was throwing them, I just looked at how they flew.
I totally get that especially back when there were so few molds you couldn't nit pick to this degree.

There are so many discs now, if you want one that flies a certain way you can have ten options with five distinct feels and rim configurations.

I'm just too spoiled having come into the game in the last ten years.

Latest posts