• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tuned 10 speed drivers are all I need.

sqatch

I recently tuned my 171g Surge & Surge SS to fly a bit straighter. I have more accuracy and control now. 350 - 375ft drives are long enough for 99% of the courses I play and wind is not a big enough factor around here to keep my Force in the bag.
My Nuke bombs but is too hit and miss for me.
I'm curious to know if anyone else has adopted this lower speed accuracy approach.
Tomorrow I'll let you know if I get more D with my "tuned" 174g Surge.

Surge
Surge SS
Tracker
Express
Wasp 172, Wasp 177 (bothed tuned to fly staighter - ish) (yup, no buzzz)
Clozer

Oh jeez... not more "Domination" style threads :wall:

I'm curious.... How do you get your plastic "tuned" ?

Damn, tough crowd.
Ya speedly that's how it's done.
I just started tuning last week but so far so good.

one monster, one riot, one sidewinder, everything else teebirds eagles and under

sqatch, I'm with you. I throw mostly Beast, Valk and SL. These are far more controlable for me than any faster drivers. None are realy any good in the wind though.
I do carry some more stable plastic, Stafire for windy conditions. That is a fairly stable disc for the older "slower" drivers if you are looking for something stable in the 10 spped range...

Starfire didn't feel right in my paw but the beast did.
I'll throw my buddy's Beast and see how er' goes.
I flew Innova for a year but my scores didn't get lower so I tried Lat 64, Westside then Discraft.
Discraft felt good in the paws and scores dipped so...
I appreciate the input.

I give him a lot of credit, he is throwing the right speeds. I find my best accuracy/distance to be around speed 7-9.

I've never tuned a disc by any other method than hitting trees. :|

I can feel you. I have been throwing my destroyers and blizz bosses less in favor of wraiths and pds. Pretty damn good results. I still chuck the fast stuff for wide open holes and wind distance but not as much.

so tuned = seasoned? Great bro! just rub the bottom of your new discs on the sidewalk and boom you havea seasoned straight disc. I guess I dont see how this is in anyway helpful. Maybe I am missing the point.

I'm not so sure about this tuning stuff, it seems like it would be different once you hit a tree.

so tuned = seasoned? Great bro! just rub the bottom of your new discs on the sidewalk and boom you havea seasoned straight disc. I guess I dont see how this is in anyway helpful. Maybe I am missing the point.

Check out the link in post #5 in this thread. I think that's what's being referred to. I'm going to try it out on something that I don't normally throw. It might be worth a shot. Although I do tend to hold onto plastic long enought to season it, vs. tuning a new disc. Interesting idea.

Is this an Illumanati approved tuning system? If not, then it may not last after the economic apocalypse caused by the Aliens and the One World Government Industrial Military Complex Right Wing Comspiracy.

Latest posts