• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Versatile Fairway Pairings

2nd run fd, s-fd is getting it for me right now (with an underworld in there for funsies:))

This really covers pretty much everything for me. If I hadn't inadvertently gotten a couple 2nd runs it would be teebird/fd in a few plastics.

All my fairways in order of understable to Overstable

Pinnacle Patriot 171g / Glow FD 175g / Glow TL 175g / Glow Teebird3 175g / soon to be RDG Tyrant

Definitely not all needed, I will only carry 3 on a typical course, maybe 4 if its a shorter or more wooded course.

But FD / Teebird 3 is a good combo, or Patriot / T3 or TL. If you're looking for 3. I'd say Patriot, TL Teebird3

If you are looking for a one mold combo-
First Run FD - Stable
S-line FD - Turning shots
P-line FD - anhyzers that wont fade back

Otherwise the FD/FD2/FD3 combo is deadly too - FD2 is an underrated utility disc.

Felon (fuzion) / Volt (P and Plasma)

OS to Neutral, I suppose. Been trying to be a mold minimalist lately. I like it.

Hellfire,ESP Predator, Rouge, and Undertow. If I had to pick two it would be the predator and Undertow.

I have recently been pairing a DX Eagle-X with some more DX Eagle-X's. Carry 3-5 pending on the course.

PD/FD - my preferred choice

OLF/Polaris LS

Eagle-X or Teebird/Leopard

Eagle-X/Eagle-L

Tracker/Cyclone or stalker

Saint/River

and after throwing them this weekend, Valley/Arch

I pair DX and Champ TeeBirds. If I played a course like Seatac on a regular basis, then I'd switch to DX Leopards and Star TeeBirds

What about SeaTac vs. the courses you're currently playing would make you want to switch to less stable fairway drivers?

SeaTac is longer and actually a bit less wooded than a lot of courses around here. Just curious.

On Topic :
Felons (1 fresh, 1 seasoned, 1 worked) - Stag - Seer

Like the OP said back in 2011, I go with the popular Teebird/Leopard combo. Its a classic fairway driver pairing that still works great.

Glow Champion Teebird
12x Champion Teebird
(Beat) 12x Champion Teebird
PFN Star Leopard

Seems like a lotta people like to classify control drivers as fairway drivers lol.

To be fair, a lot of manufacturers don't make much of a distinction between the two.

I favor the PD/Escape combo for control/fairway. I use my mid and putters a lot, so anything shorter doesn't see a lot of use... But I also carry a Trident and a seasoned Star Teebird.

I really love my Crave/Inspire duo for the similar feel. Between those 2 and my Envy/Proxy combo, I can cover just about any shot.

Latest posts