• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Versatile Fairway Pairings

Legacy: Patriot/Rival speed 7

I love the Patriot, but haven't used the Rival a lot yet. Tend to use my Volt instead for that line, because I have good touch with it already, even though it is faster.

Orion LF & JLS in different plastics. Their combination of speeds and stabilities make a very versatile pairing and cover all of my fairway needs.

Pairings in the bag:
TeeBird/Leopard3
Reaper/Talon

Pairings that I like:
XL/Xpress
JLS/Polaris LS
Trident/River

Pairings that I know other people like:
Rival/Patriot
F2/F7
Stag/Seer

I could go on forever, but I won't.

What I use: 2nd run cfd, sfd, dfd

What I would use off the shelf:

cfd2, cfd, sfd, dfd.

Cteebird, Steebird, leo or Dteebird

Insert overstable\stable\beat up version combo (preferably the same mold)

Been using a Star TL/GL River combo in the core bag. I can swap the Champ TL for the Star TL if I want more (over)stability there.

But as I've worked on my windy weather bag, the Star Teebird has snuck in there and won't go home, and I've been pairing that Teebird with the C-Line FD.

At a bit higher speed, a GL Saint and GL Fury have worked well for me as a tandem.

Newish Opto/Moonshine Saint Pro
Beat Gold Line Saint Pro
Newish VIP Stag
Beat in VIP Stag

Covers all my Fairway shots from finishing left-finishing right and everything in between

I pair DX and Champ TeeBirds. If I played a course like Seatac on a regular basis, then I'd switch to DX Leopards and Star TeeBirds

Orion LF & JLS in different plastics. Their combination of speeds and stabilities make a very versatile pairing and cover all of my fairway needs.

I suppose I have the Discraft version of this. Avengers for overstable drives, some headwinds, long bombs with a beat X, and stuff. XLs for straight shots, powered down things, and gnarly turnovers with a beat X.

And then Vipers. I feel like my bag may be changing soon >.> Not much though.

I use the Patriot/Rival combo. Really solid pairing. So many great choices out there, though.

PD, FD, XXX for me. Second run FD, SFD, and GFD. 8th run CPD, 5th run CPD, and patent # SPD. Opto and GL XXX. Never run into a fairway shot I can't cover with these

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've struggled here until recently as well, then found my sweet spot with the JLS and it is pairing nicely with the OLF. The tyrant is probably going to replace the OLF when it comes out though. From the protos I have thrown I am getting the same distance with a bit more accuracy.

fd2, 2nd run fd, glow c-line fd, beat s-line fd, and a old d-line fd. covers my fairway slot like a blanket. the 2nd run and s-line act very much like a teebird leopard combo. the fd2 is like a 1 year old kc whippet and the d-line rolls and does crazy lines in the trees. The glow is just super straight, late fade that is soft. this one gets used bh like a beat champ teebird or fh like a 2 year old kc whippet.

Last edited:

Latest posts