• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

So i'm waiting on Vibram's new product to come into the mail so i can begin testing and I realized, I think i'll be happier the day I get the box in the mail, then I will be at Christmas... Is this wrong?

I think i've become addicted...

I have been waiting for mine ever since I won my Birdie Bash in April... When it finally comes I am going to be so freaking happy!

I keep seeing the acronym MOFWY thrown around... What does that mean?

Massively Overstable FairWaY driver

That would be the Yellow Traks...

That's what I was thinking too! If Vibram could replicate the Bumbleboot Trak the MOFWY would be, boom, done. I've heard they are crazy OS too so I'm thinking that would be legendary.

Haha thanks guys. So basically... the equivalent of a Force or an OS Nuke or Flick? [can't think of any other manufacturers MOFWYs]

Now that I think of it, Vibram doesn't have anything on the OS/US extremes do they?

So i'm waiting on Vibram's new product to come into the mail so i can begin testing and I realized, I think i'll be happier the day I get the box in the mail, then I will be at Christmas... Is this wrong?

I think i've become addicted...

Your excitement makes me excited. It is not wrong, it just means you have specific priorities in life that have strayed away from general desires that are covered at holidays like Christmas. Please let me know what you get when you get it so I can share in the joy.

Haha thanks guys. So basically... the equivalent of a Force or an OS Nuke or Flick? [can't think of any other manufacturers MOFWYs]

Now that I think of it, Vibram doesn't have anything on the OS/US extremes do they?

All the good things come to those who wait. Vibram is working on filling out the entirety of their lineup. It is basically a grid with four levels and four columns. The levels go from Putter to Mid-Range to Fairway Driver to Distance Driver. The columns go from Massively Overstable to Overstable to Stable to Understable. Here is what we have so far:

MODD
ODD
SDD - Lace
UDD

MOFWY
OFWY - Ascent
SFWY - Trak
UFWY

MOMR
OMR - Obex
SMR - Ibex
UMR

MOP - VP
OP - Ridge
SP - Sole
UP - Summit

All the good things come to those who wait. Vibram is working on filling out the entirety of their lineup. It is basically a grid with four levels and four columns. The levels go from Putter to Mid-Range to Fairway Driver to Distance Driver. The columns go from Massively Overstable to Overstable to Stable to Understable. Here is what we have so far:

MODD
ODD
SDD - Lace
UDD

MOFWY
OFWY - Ascent
SFWY - Trak
UFWY

MOMR
OMR - Obex
SMR - Ibex
UMR

MOP - VP
OP - Ridge
SP - Sole
UP - Summit

I really like how you laid this out! So the ODD should be coming out as soon as it gets to testers. That was what the R420 project was....and really the UDD should already be out because Vibram sent out two molds of the Lace and went with the more stable one. So why not release the more understable version as the UDD? It seems simple but I guess it isn't since nothing has reached testers yet.

Thank you all for your patience. We're on our third take and our currently testing the molds in production. (Yes, I said molds ...)

Having said that, I'm not saying that the next discs the testers see is going to be an OS Lace. It might not be a new disc at all. :)

MODD
ODD
SDD - Lace
UDD

MOFWY
OFWY - Ascent
SFWY - Trak
UFWY

MOMR
OMR - Obex
SMR - Ibex
UMR

MOP - VP
OP - Ridge
SP - Sole
UP - Summit

Fairways or Mids...?

MObex/Ubex

:popcorn:

So it will be a disc golf video game for the GameStation or whatever it is the kids play now days?

Man, I thought this thing looked sick on the Marshal ST website.. but damn, it's even more amazing in person. 169g M Trak. The swirls of white and blue on the edges look sweet and there are pink and white specks in the purple.
Y3Oz6DC.jpg

I really like how you laid this out! So the ODD should be coming out as soon as it gets to testers. That was what the R420 project was....and really the UDD should already be out because Vibram sent out two molds of the Lace and went with the more stable one. So why not release the more understable version as the UDD? It seems simple but I guess it isn't since nothing has reached testers yet.

That is realy the big debate. We don't know if the R420 project is the ODD or MODD. I am guessing ODD.

We are not likely to get this disc until later in the year as Steve has hinted that the testers are getting something else. And we are not talking about a new disc.

So the predictions so far on what the testers are getting (in order of likelihood in my opinion): Fusion molded discs, Vibram disc golf shoes, Vibram disc golf bag.

That is realy the big debate. We don't know if the R420 project is the ODD or MODD. I am guessing ODD.

We are not likely to get this disc until later in the year as Steve has hinted that the testers are getting something else. And we are not talking about a new disc.

So the predictions so far on what the testers are getting (in order of likelihood in my opinion): Fusion molded discs, Vibram disc golf shoes, Vibram disc golf bag.

Well if it's not a new disc then I bet it's the second one - disc golf shoes. I really don't think a bag is coming out soon.

I doubt the shoes, they would have asked for sizes by now. Fusion sounds probable, I'm leaning towards the overstable fairway though, I'm thinking the original.bumbleboot trak mold is still there and we may see a tweak to it for our first new disc this year.

I doubt the shoes, they would have asked for sizes by now. Fusion sounds probable, I'm leaning towards the overstable fairway though, I'm thinking the original.bumbleboot trak mold is still there and we may see a tweak to it for our first new disc this year.

That's a good point! So not shoes and not a bag most likely. Somebody was saying it's not going to be a new disc though....I tend to believe it will be the ODD or MOFWY. Or maybe both! I agree with you that it would be sick if they still had the Bumbleboot mold and put that out as the MOFWY.

Thank you all for your patience. We're on our third take and our currently testing the molds in production. (Yes, I said molds ...)

Having said that, I'm not saying that the next discs the testers see is going to be an OS Lace. It might not be a new disc at all. :)

He's always sneaky with the way he words things, "It might not be a new disc at all", maybe it's something we've already seen.

Latest posts