• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the popular molds at your home course?

We seem to find a ton of Katanas and Sidewinders around here. We also find quite a few DX Leopards just sitting at tee boxes all confused and wondering why their owner abandoned them.

My home course is over run by n00bs so of course everyone is throwing the latest and greatest speed 13.

It's a fairly short and easy layout too besides 2 big bombers on the back 9.

15 is around 400' across a field and up a hill and 16 620' off the same hill and back across. Usually the only action my Destroyer or Katana will get out there. Besides that I throw either my Roc, Omega or Firebird on pretty much every hole.

Sedgley Woods is my home course, and it seems like all the regulars there throw an ESP Zone... It became so obvious that I picked one up myself and it's a great utility, getting out of trouble putter/mid.

I sell a lot discs at Sedgley Woods on behalf of the club, mostly to beginner golfers, with that in mind the biggest sellers the past 5 years are: Rocs, Avairs and Sidewinders. Creeping up in popularity are Buzz's and soft Focus's. The Yeti putter has had recent raves, I just ordered 15 more.

my home course has a handicap league over the summer, so of course anything with a big fat rim sells well to all the new guys. you see a lot of wizards, but i'm right across the river from st louis in gateway country. i've seen a little discmania trickle in, a few ions and vectors, and some lat64. you don't see a lot of midranges, which i think it really strange.

I see a lot of Wraiths and Katanas. There's only one other guy around here that putts with Wizards other than me (Gateway isn't too popular up here in Canada yet).

Everybody (including me) throws a Groove..... That's all they sell here:.... GROOOOVES. All day everyday Grooves. We drive with Grooves. We putt with Grooves, we laugh and sing and play and cry with Grooves. Everything else is second best.

Hot Shots in southern maryland is still new enough as a course (and dg as sport) where the local player-base doesn't match technique to talent level. So most play with Katanas, Bosses and Destroyers. I pull out a Striker or River and get looks of confusion most the time.

Thank you Mods for taking care of business with this guy; much appreciated.

Everybody (including me) throws a Groove..... That's all they sell here:.... GROOOOVES. All day everyday Grooves. We drive with Grooves. We putt with Grooves, we laugh and sing and play and cry with Grooves. Everything else is second best.

How ironic to see this thread again. I met a guy the other day who was giving love to the Comet, had just dropped his Wizards for Ions, and tried to brag to me the whole round about how far he could throw a putter (he was in the brush looking for his Ions half the round). I almost brought up DGCR, but figured I wouldn't embarrass him in front of his buddy. Internet irony at its best.

Latest posts