• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking for prices on these 2 discs

latitude 64 1st run striker signed by jesper lundmark, #41 of 100 collectors disc still in bag.

and

'09 world champ pole dancing striker.

they are in this pic…
6045740321_e099e11ffd.jpg

I know the pole dancer strikers were worth something because it was an older mold, not sure on the 1st run, but I am guessing they are the older mold, so possibly something good too.

Its a bit of a crap shoot anymore with vintage plastic. The only way to know what it would go for is to put it out there. Sight unseen and knowing that I have seen some vintage dx big beads (late 90s vintage) getting no love on FB, so I went with price that I knew was a bit low. I feel that this should be about 40-50$ disc but with *D destroyers going for more than 8x rocs, I just don't know anymore

Would it help if I said that I have a 10/10 First Run Star Destroyed, never thrown and signed by Climo, Feldberg, both Jenkins, Schultz, Gurthie and Hammock? And it's max weight :)

Last edited:
That would hurt the value having those signatures from being 100-125 to probably 60-80 because of the ink

Are you trolling me right now, or is that true? How can signatures from world champions hurt the value?! Yes, if I wrote my name on the back, it would hurt the value. But champions?!

Are you trolling me right now, or is that true? How can signatures from world champions hurt the value?! Yes, if I wrote my name on the back, it would hurt the value. But champions?!

It depends... for a minority, the signatures might enhance the disc. But for the majority of collectors any ink on the disc, even pro signatures, hurts the value. So fewer people who want signed discs = less demand for those discs = lower price.

The 40% price decrease for signatures that timj5304 references might be a bit steep, but not by much.

You can always post the disc somewhere in the upper price range and hope that potential buyers will bite.

Last edited:
It depends... for a minority, the signatures might enhance the disc. But for the majority of collectors any ink on the disc, even pro signatures, hurts the value. So fewer people who want signed discs = less demand for those discs = lower price.

The 40% price decrease for signatures that timj5304 references might be a bit steep, but not by much.

You can always post the disc somewhere in the upper price range and hope that potential buyers will bite.

Yep. General rule with sigs on discs. If it isn't a vintage Ken Climo sig (pre 2000) or Ed Headrick's ink it is 95% not going to add value and 75% going to reduce the value. People are weird. I have a wall of autographed signature models in my office and I love it but lots of people seem not to agree with me.

PFN star Orc. 10/10 pearly pink with white edge? Value?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 41
Yep. General rule with sigs on discs. If it isn't a vintage Ken Climo sig (pre 2000) or Ed Headrick's ink it is 95% not going to add value and 75% going to reduce the value. People are weird. I have a wall of autographed signature models in my office and I love it but lots of people seem not to agree with me.

I don't get it how a signature can hurt the value at all. Wouldn't it just make it even more rare, especially when it's so many, from so many known pros? I really don't understand how that can be possible..

Ink in general has a bad rap but I beleive as the sport gains more credibility, the pro signed discs will far exceed the non signed just like all other established sports memorabilia.

Status
Not open for further replies.