• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a used bag and bunch of discs from a local guy last year, including this disc. When I played this fall with some advanced players, one remarked that this is a pretty special disc. It's certainly well-used but flies nicely: dependably stable to slightly understable for me. It would be interesting to hear opinions on what it is actually worth.

(The small bit of paper is just covering my name and phone # for Internet's sake.)

Thanks,
Phil

Final prices from eBay

Attachments

• Price 1.jpg
    Price 1.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 53
Got this MVP ION. It has no stamp, no tooling on the overmold. The tooling is circular on the underside of the disc. I know its an older run, but not sure on value.

nz0u3d.jpg

Looks to me to be a 3rd Run. 1st run was the Blue with red over mold. 2nd run were all Soft Ions and had the parent company on the tooling along with Maple Valley. 3rd run were Medium and Soft and was the last run using the textured backing. Is your disc Med or soft? What is the weight? Is it new? Cheers!

Picked this up the other day. Can anyone say what run it is and what its worth. Thanks.

My guess would be third, since its still opaqueish. I would have to rate yours a 6 or lower. But even cracked Ce is getting over $25 sometimes.

Attachments

• Price 1.jpg
    Price 1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 21
My guess would be third, since its still opaqueish. I would have to rate yours a 6 or lower. But even cracked Ce is getting over $25 sometimes.

Thanks. I think its a 6. It is faded but not beat up to bad. It throws similar to my fairly new champ teebird. It's not flippy at all. Thanks for the info.:D

Looks to me to be a 3rd Run. 1st run was the Blue with red over mold. 2nd run were all Soft Ions and had the parent company on the tooling along with Maple Valley. 3rd run were Medium and Soft and was the last run using the textured backing. Is your disc Med or soft? What is the weight? Is it new? Cheers!

It is a medium, 173g. It is not new, I'd say 7/10. Thanks

How old and what's it worth? Buzzz

I think it's a early run given it has to be introduced with a description saying "super straight modified wasp" on the bottom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
I think it's a early run given it has to be introduced with a description saying "super straight modified wasp" on the bottom

You are correct it is an earlier run of the X Buzzz, however there really is no market for them even though they do say Super Straight Modified Wasp like the bar stamps do.

Picked this up the other day. Can anyone say what run it is and what its worth. Thanks.

My guess is that it's a TL. A lot of the early TeeBird-stamped CE's has TL wings.

I can make a stab at the price and say ~$30, but it's more of a guess.

There are a lot of opinions about whether Polaris 1.13's are CE or not.
Here is my opinion. This one might be partial CE. The only pure CE Polaris 1.13's I've seen are the milky translucent 1.13's. All the other 1.13 colors I've seen are partial CE at best. My personal favorites are the yellow 1.13's.
I'd value this one $10-15, depending on the buyer.
I might value it differently if I could hold it, but with just a picture...

Hope this helps.

I did a bit more research, and found out on DGR in the Ask Millenium thread that the CE Polaris LS is the 1.12...so it might make sense that it's partial CE. It does FEEL like CE, though.

The exact quote:
Here are the runs of Millennium discs that are CE-type plastic (from around 2000-2002) : QJLS 1.1 and CE-JLS Test Run of 2000; QMS 1.1; Q-Mega 1.1 Proto w/bar-stamp; Polaris LS 1.12; EXP 1.7 .

In my experience, milky-white Polaris 1.13's are the only pure CE's that I've seen, the yellow ones are close. The 1.12's that I've seen were not CE. Many of the 1.13's that I've seen were not CE.
But that's just my experience.

Thanks. How can I tell a TL wing from a Teebird? (Sorry I'm definitely a newb.):confused:

It is a TL. You can tell from the opaqueness of the plastic. Also the Teebird has a notch on the underside near the nose of the rim/wing. It feels like a small bead of sorts. Your disc is a TL so it does not have the notch but instead has a straight rim much like the Leopard. Compare it to a Teebird and you should understand. The notch/pseudobead grabs the wind and causes the Teebird to fade harder at the end of its flight as compared to a TL.

The same applies to Eagles X and L molds and Firebirds X and L molds. Probably others as well...

It is a TL. You can tell from the opaqueness of the plastic. Also the Teebird has a notch on the underside near the nose of the rim/wing. It feels like a small bead of sorts. Your disc is a TL so it does not have the notch but instead has a straight rim much like the Leopard. Compare it to a Teebird and you should understand. The notch/pseudobead grabs the wind and causes the Teebird to fade harder at the end of its flight as compared to a TL.

The same applies to Eagles X and L molds and Firebirds X and L molds. Probably others as well...

Thanks. Learn something new about disc golf everyday:clap::thmbup:

Checking on a few C PDs. I might want to sell one or two of these.

ad6aac5437c9c03980e212da73a1a950_zpse2b35c9b.jpg

None of these are plus molds.

L-R:
175 F2, 8.5/10, flat and high PLH, www tooling, pearly, ink under the rim
170 CFR, 8/10, flat and high PLH, patent # tooling, clear rim, ink under the rim
175, 10/10 unthrown, minimal dome and high PLH, www tooling, pearly, no ink

Looking for prices on some old discs, I know the champ teebird is worth a fair amount so I am curious about the rest. Thank you in advance, you guys have a good grasp of the market and I appreciate you taking the time~

I do not know all the weights, but lets just say they are 170+ (because I know some of them are)

Old Magnet
Old Teebird
Old DX roc
Star SL
Old Shark
Old Aero

http://imgur.com/a/Jac9n

Status
Not open for further replies.