• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Plastic/Mold Combos Would You Like To See in 2019?

Most Discraft putters and mids in the OG Rubber Blend or the new Jawbreaker/RubberBlend.

I'd love to see the Focus, APX, and Challenger in the new 'McBeth' plastic. :) I suspect and fear that it may be too expensive to mass-produce at reasonable prices, though... :(

I'd love some color glow Cd2's and valks. Luster in those same molds would be cool too :)

I might be in the minority, but I'd like to see some soft neutron mids and fairway drivers.

I was thinking this the other day. I've been asking for a Plasma Resistor, but a Soft N Resistor would be even better. I'd also like a Soft N Crave.

Also want an Eclipse Crave and Proxy.

Premium plastic LUNA.
Stock run of Pro PIG
RPM Dics RURU in Soft MAGMA
Z FLX STING

- Color Glow C-Line FD3
- Glow S-Line PD2
- S-Line MD4
- D-Line MD4
- D-Line MD3
- Ricky Wysocki Signature Pig
- Discmania to make a very overstable driver like the Max

Champion TL3
Star Pig
Eagle3

Pig love (not in a weird way). I would like to see any and all of these, an XT and DX Pig might be nice as well. Maybe a Brockness Tour Series run of Champion Colored Glow Pigs :p

I would like to see some soft P-Line MD3s and MD4s (like the Pro Pig material, or driver Pro).
Pro Roadrunners
Pro Mako3s would be cool, probably pretty flippy, but I would buy some.

Brightly colored swirl Star Eagle
Luster Eagle
Fission Fireball

Anyone else surprised they still produce driver pro? I mean, from a marketing perspective I would think they'd try to capture the budget $ in DX, and then jump straight to the premium $ with GStar for a grippier option.

Not to mention I haven't been a fan of driver pro lately. If they could reliably churn out molds in the same pro plastic as those nice penned Pro Leos, then we'd be in business.

Anyone else surprised they still produce driver pro? I mean, from a marketing perspective I would think they'd try to capture the budget $ in DX, and then jump straight to the premium $ with GStar for a grippier option.

Not to mention I haven't been a fan of driver pro lately. If they could reliably churn out molds in the same pro plastic as those nice penned Pro Leos, then we'd be in business.

Prices seem to be slowly creeping up on driver pro plastic so I'm sure they are making money on them. Quick glance at DGC has them holding steady at $9.99, $4 cheaper than Star. Discmania P line shows $11.99.

I would like to replace the Elasto Underworld I threw into a restricted area. Actually, an Elasto Hatchet and Elasto King would be welcome as well.

I love my elasto King, wouldnt kick another one of those out of the bag if they were available.

Well Innova is in a minor slump again with all of its plastic except maybe DX as that does not change unless Innova factories change how the plastic was cooled. Just in December just before Christmas I got a Champion Destroyer both in the 165-169 set and they had the bubbles that Innova has put into Max D discs before however this was just bubbles deeper in the rim of the disc and not the true Blizzard they have tried to pass off as Champion before. The new Star was feeling like they just put extra gloss on the stiff Pro. I did see some R-Pro that was way inconstant on some Hydras at the local Walmart, some were true and others felt like a stiffer of the Dragon style DX or what the old DX Hydra felt like. Same goes for my brothers Whaoo that disc felt like a more rubber version of the Dragon he has in DX. I wonder is Innova is selling the older runs of disc off from the warehouse? Could be as some oop molds have discs you can buy and so on. I bet that Innova just needs to make room for the new discs that the company is going to make at the warehouse so out come all the old not so good runs of discs but not so bad of discs that they are factory second.

Last edited:
Well Innova is in a minor slump again with all of its plastic except maybe DX as that does not change unless Innova factories change how the plastic was cooled. Just in December just before Christmas I got a Champion Destroyer both in the 165-169 set and they had the bubbles that Innova has put into Max D discs before however this was just bubbles deeper in the rim of the disc and not the true Blizzard they have tried to pass off as Champion before. The new Star was feeling like they just put extra gloss on the stiff Pro. I did see some R-Pro that was way inconstant on some Hydras at the local Walmart, some were true and others felt like a stiffer of the Dragon style DX or what the old DX Hydra felt like. Same goes for my brothers Whaoo that disc felt like a more rubber version of the Dragon he has in DX. I wonder is Innova is selling the older runs of disc off from the warehouse? Could be as some oop molds have discs you can buy and so on. I bet that Innova just needs to make room for the new discs that the company is going to make at the warehouse so out come all the old not so good runs of discs but not so bad of discs that they are factory second.

Not a fan of the glossy star plastic, myself.