• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Plastic/Mold Combos Would You Like To See in 2019?

I just want what should be available to be available. I feel like there is no excuse at this point for the bigger companies to not have stock discs available in stock plastics. It is frustrating as hell when a mold is only available in one plastic. I feel like discmania is the most guilty of this, but every company seems to have a few molds like this. I don't want to have to pay a premium once a year because you can't make a disc in a popular plastic on a regular basis. I am pretty quick to change my bag and that gets me to throw different companies or molds real quick.

Testify!

I think Discraft is very guilty of this, as well, though they're getting better. Could never get anything in Ti plastic for the longest time...

The Stud is more OS than the Colt, but both are beaded and not like the Zone. The Harp is beaded and the AvX3 is not, but they fly verrrry similarly. The Zone (at least my ESP Zone) is a tick more OS than either one.

The Rat... I think that came out as Innova struggled to meet McBeth's OS approach/mid needs. It's a decent disc, but if you have a Harp, AvX3, Zone, Hornet, Justice, etc. etc., then the Rat is redundant to all of them.

Okay, the AviarX3 is a good disc, and seems like from what you say, maybe in-between a Harp/Zone flight that is leaning more to a non bead Harp flight.

Testify!

I think Discraft is very guilty of this, as well, though they're getting better. Could never get anything in Ti plastic for the longest time...

Yep still can't get some discs in plastics that would work better for the disc, Wasp is the main culprit of this dumb keeping a disc in only one plastic. I bet as soon as Nate Doss retires or burns out of disc golf the Wasp goes OOP as he is the main factor in keeping the disc mold on the market in Z plastic.

Okay, the AviarX3 is a good disc, and seems like from what you say, maybe in-between a Harp/Zone flight that is leaning more to a non bead Harp flight.

My own experiences with the Harp (in Tournament Plastic and in Classic(hard) plastic) and the Star AviarX3 was that their flights are pretty much the same, and it's only a matter of whether one wants a beaded or non-beaded disc for those shots. My ESP Zone is more overstable than either one, so I wouldn't say the AviarX3 is between the Harp and Zone.

Yep still can't get some discs in plastics that would work better for the disc, Wasp is the main culprit of this dumb keeping a disc in only one plastic. I bet as soon as Nate Doss retires or burns out of disc golf the Wasp goes OOP as he is the main factor in keeping the disc mold on the market in Z plastic.

I dunno, the Wasp seems to be pretty popular. And if McBeth picks it up, it'll remain popular even after Nate Doss completely retires...

SD86 said:
I dunno, the Wasp seems to be pretty popular. And if McBeth picks it up, it'll remain popular even after Nate Doss completely retires...

Forgot about Paul McBeth :doh: having the Wasp, maybe a Jawbreaker becomes a permanent plastic for those who want to cycle the disc within one season.