• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Pro do you want to see/expect to see breakout in 2019?

It seems that Discraft is to some extent banking on Austin Turner breaking out this year. He is on their Elite Team, while rated 1007, a significantly lower rating than some of the members of their Tour Team.

It seems that Discraft is to some extent banking on Austin Turner breaking out this year. He is on their Elite Team, while rated 1007, a significantly lower rating than some of the members of their Tour Team.

He was as high as 1017 a year ago. I imagine he's on the Elite team now because he was on the Elite team before all the free agents showed up.

He was as high as 1017 a year ago. I imagine he's on the Elite team now because he was on the Elite team before all the free agents showed up.

True. Well, either way, I think it would be reasonable to say Discraft is expecting him to break out sooner rather than later. I haven't seen him play enough to have my own opinion on how likely that is. He does seem pretty young, though.

I'd love to see Garrett Gurthie build on his solid year in 2018 and win an NT/Major. Seems like a great guy and is about as aggressive a player as there is on tour. Anthony Barela might be "the next big thing" on the teenage phenom front.

I would pick Calvin Heimburg to have some good results this year. I don't know how much he plans on playing but it looks like he is off to a good start with his performance last weekend... averaged 1066 over three rounds and he won by 19 STROKES. And look out for Lloyd Weema; he was in the same tournament and finished in 11th in open and beat Johne McCray:D

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/38625

Colten Montgomery, he has a huge arm and is committed to touring this year. Lot's of potential

I would pick Calvin Heimburg to have some good results this year. I don't know how much he plans on playing but it looks like he is off to a good start with his performance last weekend... averaged 1066 over three rounds and he won by 19 STROKES. And look out for Lloyd Weema; he was in the same tournament and finished in 11th in open and beat Johne McCray

...who did not finish the tournament.

Yeah. Lloyd Weema averaged a solid 744 for the 3 rounds.

You got me thinking that Weema was actually starting to do something. If he could have just shaved 100 more strokes off of his score, he would have tied Heimburg for the lead (literally).

If he can maintain his current level of play, he will be in good shape when he reaches Pro Masters 90+. Nah, he'll still loose by 40 strokes.

PEOPLE HAVE ACTUALLY PLAYED TWO TOURNEYS ALREADY THIS YEAR???

OMG I need to move somewhere warmer...

Here in East Tennessee(where Dickerson lives...no I don't personally know him, 2 counties over), you take the good with the bad. Its where one can start the round shirtless and in shorts and it be snowing before the round is over.

I will take that over having annual blizzards any day though.

The world awaits Seppo learning to putt. You feel he has 20 ratings points to add to his rating just by getting to 90% ish in circle one (or at least the outer echelons of circle one) . Maybe the stats don't back this up but in my head he's at best 50/50 on making anything in the 20- 40' range, a range where you are surprised when McBeth/Wysocki/Sexton etc don't make it.

I really really hope that is happening this offseason. Would love to see Seppo winning.

He leaves so many putts out there. I agree that he could be a top contender if he found a way to get consistent results in the circle.

I'm uninformed on the state of tour etc but I'm a Gyro pusher... so Dollar and Russell 2019!!!

With a soft spot for MJ and his fantastic Comets.. I appreciate his contributions to the mold and woods savvy. I love watching those throws.

I will wish "good luck" to McBeth..

yea...i said it

Uli is a solid journeyman DGer, an ironman that played 38 tournaments last year. It's hard to expect a full time road warrior with less than elite distance and self proclaimed 'bushwacker' from circle 2 to preform super great every round. DG's top tourneys now require exceptional play every round and everybody's everyman is going to play those top tourneys.

Uli just couldn't put it together every weekend last year. Perhaps, he's found an answer to the 10+ times he finished outside the top ten, especially in the big tourney stops where the best of best are pressing hard to make something happen.

He can't shoot 992 in the last round like he did in last weekend's B-tier and expect to place top 10 at the Pro level stops...

He leaves so many putts out there. I agree that he could be a top contender if he found a way to get consistent results in the circle.

His putting got better toward the end of the year when he switched styles, but yeah. I'm hoping he can have like an Eagle 2018 year and win some things. His throws seem so effortless