• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What to expect when spectating?

Tim Barham 53332 1018 White Lake MI United States
Martin Hendel 39469 1013 St Thomas ON Canada
G.T. Hancock 49885 1011 Bedford TX United States
Luke Taylor 102119 1010 Shepherd MI United States
Reid Frescura 48338 1009 Holland MI United States
Andrew Martin 54302 1004 Cleveland OH United States
Robert Burridge 96512 1004 Houston TX United States

Luke Taylor won MJ-15 worlds last year. He's gained about 20 ratings points since then, according to what I'm seeing. Hard to believe my 6th grader has to start playing that division this year (if he plays in a juniors division)...

Fun day yesterday. Gossage threw his 2nd throw on hole one right over my head and OB. MANY people miss island hole 16, and looking at it from the tee.. if I emptied my whole bag I'd maybe get a few discs on. Aderhod threw the first monster Sky hyzer to hit the island, and everyone who threw that shot landed. Buhr, AB I think also did. Kinda wanted a Raptor legs show after Wysocki made his drop zone putt.

After reading the other thread suggested, we stayed at hole one tee until Tattar's group. We followed them for several holes and then wandered back through to look for food. Drew Gibson was supposed to lead off the menKs tee times, but I guess he was out with elbow injury. We watched a lot of men's throws from the landing zone hole 1. Then went over by 15, 16, 18 where you could see any of those holes.

Valerie Mandujano was walking in the spectator area following Mason Ford, and Isaac Robinson was also wandering all over the course while FPO played. You could watch the practice area very clearly, so that was cool.

My only complaint was there was almost no water, and where there were large jugs, we had to jump ropes between cards to refill bottles.

Last thing was that I wasn't expecting giant sections of the course to be completely empty. We walked through the course during MPO to see more players, and kinda gave up, and went back to where we were.

So you had a good time. Now that you've had the experience...

1. would you do it again (spectate at a Disc Golf Pro Tour tournament)?
2. what would you do different?
3. what advice would YOU give a first timer, based on your experience?

Latest posts