• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

Nah I see him bringing back the Wasp in ESP or X plastic if he were to play, the Pro D is now too flexible. Btw what is the CT plastic?

CT has only been used for putters as far as I know. It stands for Crazy Tough (Cam Todd). This is how Infinite Disc described the plastic. "Discraft's Crazy Tough plastic was released as a limited edition for the Ledgestone Edition CT Challenger. This plastic feels a lot like the base-line Pro-D plastic, but is super tough." So basically as close to McPro/KCPro as Discraft makes.

And I can't imagine McBeth won't throw the Comet in his Mako3 spot or until he gets some Wasps beat in to understable.

I think the drivers are the easiest to guess and the mids the hardest. Here is my prediction.

Destroyer - Force
Thunderbird - Vulture
Roadrunner - Avenger SS
Teebird3 - Undertaker
Firebird/FD3 - Predator
Gator - Buzzz OS
Roc3 - Wasp & Buzzz
McPro Roc3 - Comet
P2 & Nova - Challenger
McPro Aviar - Challenger SS

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I think the drivers are the easiest to guess and the mids the hardest. Here is my prediction.

Destroyer - Force
Thunderbird - Vulture
Roadrunner - Avenger SS
Teebird3 - Undertaker
Firebird/FD3 - Predator
Gator - Buzzz OS
Roc3 - Wasp & Buzzz
McPro Roc3 - Comet
P2 & Nova - Challenger
McPro Aviar - Challenger SS

I think this is very likely. Predator could be a Machete. Zone could replace the Gator instead of the BuzzzOS. I think Wasp over Buzzz for sure.

I think this is very likely. Predator could be a Machete. Zone could replace the Gator instead of the BuzzzOS. I think Wasp over Buzzz for sure.

Paul has said he doesn't care for the Buzzz because he has to put too much hyzer on it for it to go straight. I also don't think he'll bag the BuzzzOS, but just wait until you watch him flick a zone. :popcorn:

Paul has said he doesn't care for the Buzzz because he has to put too much hyzer on it for it to go straight. I also don't think he'll bag the BuzzzOS, but just wait until you watch him flick a zone. :popcorn:

When has Paul ever flicked a slow disc?

He will backhand it for windy approaches though.

Innova didn't have a suitably slow disc for him to flick. McBeth firmly believes in flicking overstable discs on anhyzer to protect his elbow. He says that if you drop your hand below your elbow flicking an understable disc to flip up, it causes tennis elbow.

It's all right there but I just find it so odd that anyone wouldn't like the feel & flight of the Buzzz. :confused:

there's literally dozens of us

I've tried a buzzz several times over the years and it just doesn't work for me. Pretty speed sensitive for a midrange (as are most fast ones I've thrown - mace, truth, etc)

He says that if you drop your hand below your elbow flicking an understable disc to flip up, it causes tennis elbow.

Only if you are doing it wrong. Do Sexton or Kohling have tennis elbow problems? They often hyzerflip discs forehand. If you throw really hard with OAT, it can cause elbow problems. I have the opposite problem with backhand. If I try to throw really hard, I often put some unintentional OAT by rotating not only my wrist but my forearm as well. This has caused pretty bad golfer's elbow, and I have to be really careful with my backhand form now or it hurts my elbow a lot. The same could happen for forehand if you are using bad form. I am not saying my forehand form is better than Paul's by any stretch of the imagination. I have a decent form but relatively weak power on my forehand, so I am less likely to have forehand injuries. But because Paul throws much harder, he is putting much more stress on his elbow. This would definitely exacerbate any form issues and make injury much more likely.

Now, if he wants to be safe, not put extra stress on his elbow if he does not have great forehand form, and still get amazing results, then no-one should try to convince him otherwise. He knows his body and his tendencies better than anyone and it probably is not worth his time to perfect his form only to get minimally better results.

Overstable discs

McSuperLong
McLong
McMedium
McShort
McMidrange
McApproach
McPutter

Understable discs

SuperLongBeth
LongBeth
MediumBeth
ShortBeth
MidrangeBeth
ApproachBeth
PuttBeth

Plastics -

Paul - super durable - think Champion
Hanna - durable and grippy - think Star
Dog - very grippy, wears in fast - think DX (Sorry, I don't know the name of their dog, okay, I don't care either.)

Out of all of the speculation, this is probably the most inane dribble I've read so far.

And that's including Casey's posts.

Um, that was sort of the point of the post.

Spending hours speculating on what Discraft discs Paul is going to have in his bag is dribble. Fun dribble, but still, dribble. He's gonna play across their discs, and he will utilize as many of them as possible. That's called marketing. He will use any discs they put under him as favorites, cause he will have a vested interest.

The notion that he can't play phenomenally any more cause he doesn't have an Aviar/Nova/Roc/Destroyer is silly. The notion that he's gonna be better cause he's using a Challenger/Ringer/Buzz/Force is equally silly. He will still be very very good.

The elite guys can pick up discs from any of the big three, and probably from some of the mid-level producers, and be quite good with them. I know that is a shock, but it's true, I promise.

Only if you are doing it wrong. Do Sexton or Kohling have tennis elbow problems? They often hyzerflip discs forehand. If you throw really hard with OAT, it can cause elbow problems. I have the opposite problem with backhand. If I try to throw really hard, I often put some unintentional OAT by rotating not only my wrist but my forearm as well. This has caused pretty bad golfer's elbow, and I have to be really careful with my backhand form now or it hurts my elbow a lot. The same could happen for forehand if you are using bad form. I am not saying my forehand form is better than Paul's by any stretch of the imagination. I have a decent form but relatively weak power on my forehand, so I am less likely to have forehand injuries. But because Paul throws much harder, he is putting much more stress on his elbow. This would definitely exacerbate any form issues and make injury much more likely.

Now, if he wants to be safe, not put extra stress on his elbow if he does not have great forehand form, and still get amazing results, then no-one should try to convince him otherwise. He knows his body and his tendencies better than anyone and it probably is not worth his time to perfect his form only to get minimally better results.

It seems to me that there was a transition over the last ten years. It started with Koling, by my measure, or at least he's the first guy I saw. Ten years ago, everyone threw very overstable discs when they went forehand. I believe that was an over-reliance on the shoulder and arm to get good distance. You were horking the disc over because you were putting more forward momentum on the disc than torque. Koling started throwing understable discs forehand. To get them to fly right, not flip over, you have to put more spin on the disc, and less forward power. The solution, for me, is to be very reliant on a forehand flick (yeah I know, that's the name of the throw). Most of my spin comes from the wrist flick, and forward power comes from the torso. I'm not snapping my entire arm with that throw. That takes a lot of pressure off the elbow and shoulder.

I'm guessing that a better thrower blends all the parts together really well. Less shoulder and arm power, more wrist and torso power, but all balanced to give optimal distance.

BTW - the backhand is the same. Your power is with your torso. Your arm simply unwinds with fairly low pressure. Aim, how posts on and off here, says his arm follows his body pull completely passively. To some extent, I think he's correct. That should relieve any pressure on the elbow.

It seems to me that there was a transition over the last ten years. It started with Koling, by my measure, or at least he's the first guy I saw. Ten years ago, everyone threw very overstable discs when they went forehand. I believe that was an over-reliance on the shoulder and arm to get good distance. You were horking the disc over because you were putting more forward momentum on the disc than torque. Koling started throwing understable discs forehand. To get them to fly right, not flip over, you have to put more spin on the disc, and less forward power. The solution, for me, is to be very reliant on a forehand flick (yeah I know, that's the name of the throw). Most of my spin comes from the wrist flick, and forward power comes from the torso. I'm not snapping my entire arm with that throw. That takes a lot of pressure off the elbow and shoulder.

I'm guessing that a better thrower blends all the parts together really well. Less shoulder and arm power, more wrist and torso power, but all balanced to give optimal distance.

BTW - the backhand is the same. Your power is with your torso. Your arm simply unwinds with fairly low pressure. Aim, how posts on and off here, says his arm follows his body pull completely passively. To some extent, I think he's correct. That should relieve any pressure on the elbow.

Sounds about right. I know my backhand form is crap, but I used to still get pretty good results until the injury. Now that form hurts, so I have had to spend more effort getting it right. But sometimes bad form still creeps in, and the pain kind of psyches me out on the next throw.

Oh, and to stop the thread drift...

McBeth will throw some plastic next year, and likely consistently better than anyone else in the world.

Firm X Wasp for Putting.
Overmold Roach for upshots (Yes, Nova ripoff!)

Zone/Hornet/BuzzzSS for Mids (Hornet instead of Roc3, BuzzzSS instead of Mako3)

Avenger instead of TeeBird, Heat instead of RR.

Stalker instead of FB/FD3. Maybe Flick if he's gettin' wild with it.

Nuke or Force instead of Destroyers.

Firm X Wasp for Putting.
Overmold Roach for upshots (Yes, Nova ripoff!)

Zone/Hornet/BuzzzSS for Mids (Hornet instead of Roc3, BuzzzSS instead of Mako3)

Avenger instead of TeeBird, Heat instead of RR.

Stalker instead of FB/FD3. Maybe Flick if he's gettin' wild with it.

Nuke or Force instead of Destroyers.

Maybe some of this.

But, Wasps are not putters, Avengers are OOP, and Stalkers are not very overstable.

Whoops, shoot. I meant firm X Roach for putting. Must have just had Wasps on the brain!

Didn't realize that Avenger was OOP.

Somewhere between Stalker and Flick seems like his OS utility preference. Last time I threw is Flick it was mind-bogglingly OS. Maybe StalkerOS, or some other new mold to fill that gap.

He won't be throwing a buzz.
I know a lot of ppl say he doesn't like the Buzzz, but he wasn't sponsored by discraft then. If I am the top player in the world, I would ask discraft to make the most stable plastic of Buzzz and put my name on it, seeing as how the buzzz is one of the top selling discs of all time.

I don't think he NEEDS a McBuzzzz. Doss already has the Buzzz, and Paul has traditionally leaned more on beaded molds for his workhorse midranges. There are plenty of great mids in the Discraft lineup.

Also, whatever mid does get McStamped will become immensely popular. It won't eclipse the Buzzz's historical sales, but I could imagine it outselling the Buzzz (or at least competing) for the next few years.

Now, BuzzzSS in place of the Mako3, I could see that happening. But he still needs something on the stable/OS end of the spectrum, and I fully expect that it will have a bead.

Latest posts