Virginia Beach, VA
Main Throwing Style
DGCR Player Rating
Total Reviews / Avg. Score
229 - 18
11/23/2020 @ 02:23:56 PM
What I've learned my first 8 months.
1. Started realizing if I'm going to improve my game and gain distance. Needed to move away from lighter discs, and into heavier discs. Now throwing in the 160g range with Valkyrie and Mamba. Working on 170g with Mamba, Valkyrie, and Destroyer. For short holes, and long approaches Roadrunner 150g and 140g.
2. Practiced short game about 80 percent of practice time, and 20 percent drives and approach.
3. Heavy disc for long putting and long approach, Roc3 180g.
4. On tight courses or holes, think placement golf. Put the driver away if needed.
5. Stick with a legit putter for short putts started using The judge. Unless its windy, then a heavier disc.
6. Best tips: Drew Gibson's video earlier this year on footwork. During the Waco event noticed the FPO's kept the disc chest high and are more deliberate with their throws. Nate Sexton on keeping it loose and not tense.
7. And, I play ALOT of Disc Golf!!
Overall the game is coming together, and scores are dropping.
First Birdie back in October 2019 Bayville No. 18 217 feet.
First Eagle 2 today 31 December 2019 Northwest River No. 13 295 ft.
First Eagle 3 10 Jan 2020 Newport News DGC No.17 340. ft.
On May 2nd 2020 slayed at Munden Point the Monster and Scenic No. 8 Par 4 613 ft with a mediocre drive and 2 great rollers over mush. 40 ft putt.
Finally! Pared No. 9 long tee pad to short basket 290 feet on 1 Aug 2020. Very difficult tee short. Time to work on the long basket.
Time to start keeping track of longest drive:
June 5th 2020 New Quarter No. 3 down slope 336 ft. Roller Valkyrie 150g.
LHBH October 21st, 2020 New Quarter Park No. 14, 266 feet, flew past basket. Mamba Star 171g. Still getting there!
A sad farewell to my first disc a Valkyrie 157g, lost into the river on Munden Point No. 8 Par 4 614 feet on Memorial Day 2020, how fitting. It was very beat up, and not much use as a flyer. Had only been using it as a roller. It gave me one last great distance before disappearing into the deep. Had used it at least a dozen times on No. 8.
Course Wish List (0)
No Courses in Wish List