• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1 Month In Plateau

justinh2117

As you can tell by the title I just started playing disc golf about a month ago. Friends at work talked me into going out and I have been addicted ever since. Ordered discs the next day and of course because I did my dad did as well(04/17/21). It helps that I got my entire family playing with me as well(2 sisters and both parents). My dad sister and I seemed to have picked it up fairly decently we can stay par on most of our local courses and my dad breaks under par here and there. However I have noticed the weakest part of my game at the moment is off of the tee. For the first 2-3 weeks I threw nothing but putters to try and get a really solid feel of proper technique and being able to throw a disc flat. Just this week I thought I would start trying to throw some of my drivers and was wondering if I could get some help with some things I am doing wrong in my form. Currently I am capped out at around 180-200 with putters, 220-230 with mid ranges and 250-275ish with drivers. Please do be as harsh as you want, I got thick skin and just really want to improve!

https://youtu.be/3_BnbXamK8U

***Also just now read the best practices for how to film and the angle, I will make sure I get some different angles next time****

Thanks for the help in advanced!

Your x step isn't doing much for you. Good looking throw though.

Sidewinder is the form guru. Has all kinds of videos and drills to help with form.

Good to start thinking form early. Bad habits are hard to break.

So during my x-step am I not transferring the weight correctly, or am I not stepping far enough?
I seem to struggle understanding how hard to do my x step, and how to really transfer my weight to my front foot for a strong brace.

Cheers for the advice!

Looks like your pelvis is max turned back before you land on left foot, so then you are opening up all the way coming into the plant and not really ever coiling back into left foot/leg and able to shift or sequence the swing properly.

Latest posts