• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

$15 Hydroflask substitute??

SamD

I just bought this 40 oz gem at Walmart tonight. Anyone used these before? I just filled it up with ice and water and I will check it tmrw for some results...

Attachments

• IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 233
My bigger bottles are the 50/50 brand, which is made by lifetime.
They are cheaper than the Hydroflask, but still work really well.

they work really well. you'll go to hell for shopping Wal-Mart, but they're great bottles....

UPDATE!!!! 24hrs later!!! The Quench brand flask still has half the ice left!

Nice! I was looking at knock-offs from amazon, but these are even cheaper...

Stupid question about any of these kinds of bottles... dishwasher safe?

I cannot find my tag but I think it said top shelf safe..

50/50 bottles say hand wash only.
This is why I will never buy a yeti item cause all your buying is the brand nothing else

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

So I had to cut the experiment short cause I went to play a round. I cut it off around the 36 hour mark and there was still a 1/4 of the ice left. So in conclusion, I am confident that it would hold ice for a solid 48 hours!!! $15, I'll take two!!

If you were lucky enough to get the double Takeya Thermoflask set from Costco, they are the best. It was $34.99 for 2. That's normally the price of 1. My only gripe is that they keep hot stuff hot forever. If you expect your drink to cool down during your commute it won't.

I think, though, that the secret is out there an many of the knock-offs will work just as well as the name brands. Like Yeti coolers. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to justify charging double what similar coolers sell for.

Picked up a quench bottle today, label says only the cap is top shelf safe, bottle is hand wash only

I just bought this 40 oz gem at Walmart tonight. Anyone used these before? I just filled it up with ice and water and I will check it tmrw for some results...

Thanks for the tip I been meaning to pick one up so glad I did going to buy one more tomorrow. It keeps ice water so cold it like some magic Voodoo chit. The only thing I didn't like about my Voodoo Mojo bag is the drink holders were not insulated enough problem solved.

I think, though, that the secret is out there an many of the knock-offs will work just as well as the name brands. Like Yeti coolers. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to justify charging double what similar coolers sell for.

So is Grip the Yeti of disc golf? :| [full disclosure: I have an A14 :D ]

Latest posts