• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] 150-class wind fighter

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
I've recently gone to 150-class drivers, and I am looking for a wind fighter that will be longer than my 152 gram Star Teebird. I'd like it to be readily available, rather than a special order or OOP situation.

I think I have it narrowed down to:

DX Firebird
QOLF
RDGA Tsunami

I know Flicks come in 150, but that just sounds like uber beef. I am leaning QOLF because of the premium plastic, but if anyone can chime in with their experience I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Believe it or not i will suggest the star eagle x. or SEX. not sure if the SEX marking determines anything, but this is one of the most stable discs i have thrown. it will turn a little but it will ALWAYS come out of it in my experience.

the qolf will do great as well. the stability holds at this lighter weight.

i also had a 150 pd that was super stable for the weight i think it was p. the most stable pd i ever threw. my buddy with over 400 power ripped it 450 dead straight. he swore up and down all 150s were flippy until that throw. if i remember correctly there was a r to l crosswind too.

Banshee. Champ ones can come in 150 Class.

11+ rims bother me too.... But I have big hands. Or at least not small.

Edit: Oh, lol, didn't see the longer than teebird part.

Last edited:
I should clarify: Didn't want to go above speed 10 because the fatty rims bug me. (AKA I have wimpy hands.)

I, too, have small hands, but I have found that if I tuck my pinky into the palm of my hand that I can use a three finger power grip to really rip on discs with rims as wide as the Legacy Rampage, Vibram Lace, Discraft Nuke, etc. with no problem and I actually get more spin this way.

I should clarify: Didn't want to go above speed 10 because the fatty rims bug me. (AKA I have wimpy hands.)

I had a lightweight (upper 150s) pink p-pd that was a great windfighter. It would laugh at most headwinds as it sliced through them. Unfortunately, it also laughed at me as it flew into the lake when I tried to throw to hard and OAT'd the hell out of it :doh:

I've recently gone to 150-class drivers, and I am looking for a wind fighter that will be longer than my 152 gram Star Teebird. I'd like it to be readily available, rather than a special order or OOP situation.

I think I have it narrowed down to:

DX Firebird
QOLF
RDGA Tsunami

I know Flicks come in 150, but that just sounds like uber beef. I am leaning QOLF because of the premium plastic, but if anyone can chime in with their experience I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

150 JO Banshees are straightup beasts (hero disc)
150 FB or flick if you can find it would be fine too (prolly more of a specialty thing)

*edit
if the only real stipulation is that it needs to be longer than the TB, try maybe a bliz DS?

I use a 156g AIR "Hiiden Hirvi" (Stag) in my lightweight bag with Diamonds and AIR Saints. Flies similar lines to my 169g TP Stag in semi-stiff winds...

Teebirds are also a solid Diamond windfighting complement. Used to use a 150 class DX, Star and Champion before going all Scandinavian. :)

Champ Banshee is a solid wind fighter at 150g. I have yet to flip it even in wenatchee winds.

I'm playing with a VIP Air Stag that's a bit longer but a bit less beefy.