• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 Discs ONLY!

Link

Par Member
If you could only bring two discs to play a fairly open but, challenging course...what would you choose to play with?

Z Flash
Cryztal Buzz

I HAD to do this recently. I was out of town, wanted to play, and had forgotten my bag. I went to Dick's and they only had two discs. A Roadrunner and a Groove. Not what I would have chosen but it worked out pretty well.

If I were choosing I guess I'd pick a Wraith and a Roadrunner.

The reason I brought up this question is because I grabbed two disc's out of my bag today and shot my average. Usually I play with 12 discs and shoot 4 over. Im 6 months in the game and maybe next year it will be even play for my average...hopefully. Anyway....today we had snow and that is VERY VERY rare for Charleston SC. We played in a down pour of snow and were the only people at Park Circle. Im not used to snow or playing in freezing cold so I just grabbed 2 discs and kept my throwing hand in my pocket most the time till tee off. I chose the z flash and the Buzzz and did quite well (for me). I did have a few drive shots where I really wanted a understable disc, but i worked the two discs to play pretty good for me.

Whats your TWO DISCS?

BTW I almost grabbed my Valk and Avenger SS, but I grabbed the Flash and did ok with it. The buzzz was a given for medium range and putts.

Last edited:
2005 Player's Cup 166g Tracker
Old Stamped Pro D 175g Challenger

Just asking....don't get mad, but why in the hell would you waste a disc on a true putter. You can putt with any approach disc..... or even a driver for that matter.

Because it covers anything under 300 feet and you can use your normal everyday putter without changing your form and the driver can cover anything over 300 feet.

Just asking....don't get mad, but why in the hell would you waste a disc on a true putter. You can putt with any approach disc..... or even a driver for that matter.

One disc, I'd chose a Roc. If I had two I'd probably take an Aviar, so maybe I'm crazy too.

Unless I'm absolutely parked, I'm gonna want that putter.

One disc, I'd chose a Roc. If I had two I'd probably take an Aviar, so maybe I'm crazy too.

Unless I'm absolutely parked, I'm gonna want that putter.

Yeah thats a little crazy. IMO

But...Im a noob, what do I know.

Remember this is the 2 disc that you could do your best at. Is the roc your major driver? Really?

180 roc
175 kc aviar

Or
172 star teebird
180 roc

The difference being if the majority of the holes are 400 and under or if there are a bunch of super long 500-700 holes

A putter IS an approach disc. The word midrange is misleading. Midrange does not mean approach. A lot of seasoned players can get their "putters" 250+. I cannot. But I can constantly throw it around 200 (220 is about where I start to turn mine over currently).

I would go X-Link Firm Ridge and ESP Cyclone. I can stretch my Ridge closer to the distance of my mids, then I can stretch my mids to the distance of my Cyclone. So I would power up my ridge (or hyzer flip it when neccessary) or power down my Cyclone. It is slow speed friendly enough where I feel that would work best. Thus going without a midrange. This I feel would give me the best score on your competitive course.

On a general shorter/average course, the Ridge and the Core would be just fine for me.

Z Buzzz
Z Surge

The reason I brought up this question is because I grabbed two disc's out of my bag today and shot my average. Usually I play with 12 discs and shoot 4 over. Im 6 months in the game and maybe next year it will be even play for my average...hopefully. Anyway....today we had snow and that is VERY VERY rare for Charleston SC. We played in a down pour of snow and were the only people at Park Circle. Im not used to snow or playing in freezing cold so I just grabbed 2 discs and kept my throwing hand in my pocket most the time till tee off. I chose the z flash and the Buzzz and did quite well (for me). I did have a few drive shots where I really wanted a understable disc, but i worked the two discs to play pretty good for me.

Whats your TWO DISCS?

BTW I almost grabbed my Valk and Avenger SS, but I grabbed the Flash and did ok with it. The buzzz was a given for medium range and putts.

This is exactly why people advocate discing down. You should check out the discing down adventures thread in the technique section. I believe it is in the sticky. Also "The Process" is a way of discing down, weeding your molds, and gaining distance/control.

My two discs... Ridge and a Comet. If its windy then I'll go with a roc.

Latest posts