• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2008 Ace Race discraft

bigtime

Is this disc PDGA approved? Also what kind of flight do you get with it ? Also any ideas what it might be called?

It is approved under the name Nebula, it got its approval yesterday.
Nebula
Certification No. 08-36
Outside diameter: 21.3 cm
Inside rim diameter: 18.7 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim depth: 1.3 cm
Rim thickness: 1.3 cm
Flight plate thickness: 0.2 cm
Flight plate to rim plane distance: 1.8 cm
Flexibility rating: 7.03 kg
Rim configuration rating: 44.5
Maximum weight allowed: 177.6 g

Well I'm gonna make some discs and call em the erythrocyte, nephron, osteoblast, ganglion, tubercle, and lymphocyte cause you can apparently name a disc anything lame these days.

Ooohh, he's spraying erythrocytes all over hole 13, he's got 27 of them out of bounds Jim.

Yeah, better get that guy some clotting factor 8 Bob.

Yea it is lame but they are in the Universe category on naming disc just like innova had its animal name thing going on and Gateway has is magical names. :)

I remember being in STL and coming up with names. I remember when we all wrote stuff down and came up with the current Hybrid, Blast, Assassin VooDoo, and Dave also wanted to reuse the Warrior. My favorite was the Apex which they haven't used yet but was going to be similar to an Assassin or another straight flyer.

heh.. guess i'm free to post the crazy shit i couldn't before :D

assassinwg1.jpg

I'm going to be buying a stack of nebulas I guess. :?
The ace race discs have pretty much replaced my rocs.

Beetard said:
marmoset said:
Ask and ye shall receive- PDGA approved in August of 1995. Also legal for Super Class!

Innova-SuperNova-weiss.gif

Yes. Sweet! I'll take 20 of them.

i have one of those, from years ago. it's been a while since i've thrown it. nice lid for windy conditions -- a lot more stable than regular ultrastar-style discs. the square edge is uncomfortable to catch though. it should be a *great* disc for superclass...