• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2009 USDGC

Frank Delicious said:
Go NC!

Also I will down with a crew from Raleigh on Saturday. We will be hosting a CADL tailgate in the VIP section. Come on by and say hi.

Thanks for the chili, bbq and hospitality last year. You southern boys do know your BBQ.

bigrocc01 said:
Yeah too much yappin. Need more disc golf.
I'd be hesitant to call every player who's not widely known a "scrub." Where ever these OPEN players are from; in their repective cities they are the best and not scrubs. Don't forget, a player must qualify not just register, to play in this event. As a matter of fact the well known players are't playin so hot and a scrub might pull off a huge win. Win this tounament and you'll become one of the elite.
Lookin forward to tomorrow.
True I guess scrubs is a bit harsh, but I'd still rather watch Feldberg and Doss shred a course than watch someone not as good....actually I'd rather just have them follow Valarie around. :D

Here's a photo set from yesterday with more info in each photo title to tell who's in it and/or what hole: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30019500@N05/sets/72157622424933339/

JackMontana said:
Frank Delicious said:
Go NC!

Also I will down with a crew from Raleigh on Saturday. We will be hosting a CADL tailgate in the VIP section. Come on by and say hi.

I'm heading up on Saturday with two other Raleigh/Chapel Hill golfers. Should I just follow the signs for "Live Bears"?

I'll most likely be wearing a Durham Bulls ball cap and in the company of a guy who looks like a white Kimbo Slice.

Do you have to have a VIP ticket to stop by your tailgate?

Hope to see you there,

J

You just need a VIP ticket to park down that way. You can still wander on over once you've parked. I'll probably be wearing an O's visor so come by and say hi.

picked up on the live stream and seeing MDR driving on hole 17.....

Mikey got some sweet hay bale love!!!

Great job Mike!

And then with a THUMBER off the tee on #18. Good way to take that slope out of play.

So, for anyone watching/following today..this guy Tim Ellis has 3 friggin eagles, with the second two sandwiched between 3 8's...WTF only person with 3 eagles in a round this year as far as I know and he is 9 over par today.

Anthon is -12 through 12 and now 1 back of Nikko...would be amazing for someone on the 3rd or 4th card back to win!

Anton just shot a 53. Which is (oddly enough) the same score that Avery shot in his 1st round of Worlds at Blue Valley.

Looks like three Tampa Bay area guys are going to cash. Climo of course with JohnE McCray and Alexsey Bubis as well.

Good to see Boobs back playing. I got to watch him while he was down at Arkansas in the mid 2000's. He's really an exceptional talent, and a cool guy to boot.

He's Gateway sponsored, right? So that's four different companies with a major winner on their team.

Haven't actually met or played with Boobs myself, though he has been in both tournaments I've played in and was at a doubles round I played a few weeks ago, though I didn't know him by sight.

Aleksey has really comeback this year. We toured together in Florida over the last year. About a year ago I tied him in a tourney :shock: , and well, lets just say he's doing much better now. His putting is really getting good. I'm not sure which hole it was, but he got an eagle for a bounty that hasn't been hit in a couple years that last round. GG rounds out the Florida guys taking money home. Great job guys!

Wow! $15,000 for 1st place.

Wish I had Nikko sign the 4 Wizards I got from him 2 weeks ago! LOL

JimW said:
He's Gateway sponsored, right?

Technically

I think the majority of his drivers are Innova right now, Bosses for sure. I think he rolls Illusions but other than that I don't know what gateway he uses outside of his mids and putters.

jnecessary said:
Wow! $15,000 for 1st place.

Wish I had Nikko sign the 4 Wizards I got from him 2 weeks ago! LOL

i got my two signed Wizards from nikko in the basement :)