• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2011 Ace Race Putter

I loved the disc this year. It flies on a frozen rope inside 200' and is super easy to control. The consensus among the group today in Kingman, AZ was that it was a pretty useful disc. I found it fantastic as an approach disc, but will not be using it ever for putting duties.

And for driving.. I threw 5-6 drives with it, all over 300. The furthest maybe went 330-40ish (no wind) and then a couple Open guys tossed theres 360-400 right afterwards.

Without throwing this thing,I'm thinking if you give it enough air to ride it out and just give it a clean snap with some hyzer,it'll go.

Without throwing this thing,I'm thinking if you give it enough air to ride it out and just give it a clean snap with some hyzer,it'll go.

Yep. Its not understable or really flippy either. My long drives went dead straight with a tiny bit of fade at the end. The longest Pro drives (again only driving it 3-4 times for them) had a little anny before evening out, but a flat release was totally fine for getting good D. Height was important though.

The furthest maybe went 330-40ish (no wind) and then a couple Open guys tossed theres 360-400 right afterwards.

Watching you blast that thing out there like that was crazy, then to have that guy step up, and put one out over the bathrooms was insane. It was easily 390', if not more. Clean out into the parking lot.

I really need to work on driving with putters, and that made me want to.

I the pro D one into the basket from about 140' the day after the ace race. I'm gonna let it hang out for a bit, it flies very straight but is very heavy.

Feels like a Challenger in hand but flies like a Mako/Comet. I really liked the disc a lot. I'm going to stick mine in my bag for longer upshots. I've been using a concave Challenger for upshots b/c it likes to get there and die but this disc seems like it's going to give me a lot more chances to hit the chains.

I thought the "Pro D" plastic was the worst thing ever. One rock or metal hit and it was completely gouged out. I did like the feel of it but if you used that for putting it would be dead after a round. I don't think you could use that disc in TX. The ESP held up as expected and that's the one going in the bag.

maybe im crazy but this disc is terrible... way too touchy if you put anything on it it flips over and never comes back, try to throw it with less power it goes left... too unpredictable for me ...gave it to my kids

maybe im crazy but this disc is terrible... way too touchy if you put anything on it it flips over and never comes back, try to throw it with less power it goes left... too unpredictable for me ...gave it to my kids
You're not crazy. I thought those discs were nasty. People keep saying it flies straight. It never did for me. I hated them. I used the ESP more than the Pro D, but I don't think I will ever use both of them in any rounds.

The wide diameter was too weird for me and I never felt comfortable with that deep rim neither. I guess you can say it has too much of a "dome" for my taste. I prefer my discs flat as hell most of the time...

nice first post corey. i didnt really like the disc myself, but i'm not getting rid of it. pretty sweet catch disc if you ask me.

Worst Ace Race disc so far.
I gave mine away before I left the event.

What I get out of this is "I only throw overstable plastic over 100' distances and ive never learned to control neutral to understable discs. Why couldn't this ace race prototype have been aimed at my demographic?"

It really was super controllable and (without OAT) very simple to throw.

What I get out of this is "I only throw overstable plastic over 100' distances and ive never learned to control neutral to understable discs. Why couldn't this ace race prototype have been aimed at my demographic?"

I really didn't think it was that controllable. Maybe, maybe, with some practice, I could have threw them better. I already have discovered a long time ago that I prefer small rims, flat discs, and so on.

I really would be interested in seeing if they had made one of the prototype discs very flat, then I would think I would have performed better at the ace race... It's all about personal preferences, and I couldn't use my preferred grip comfortably with these discs.

Agree, its probably the best ace race disc ever made but a pointless disc other than that. The hornett was the worst ace race disc ever made which was prob cgprush favorite.

I threw one in z and it did pretty much what I wanted it to do if thrown with control. If you torque monkeyed it, it wasn't forgiving...so don't do that!

Just threw my buddy's and I was impressed. Apparently everyone at the race thought it was terrible but I was throwing it about 270 dead dead straight with a soft landing. I can see how it would be super OAT sensitive, so go fix your form guys! ;)

Love this disc. My Pro-D was super flippy and easily scuffed, but the ESP is perfect. It can hold any line I put it on with hardly any fade at all. This has become my go-to approach disc for anything under 150'. I'm actually thinking of doing another ace race so I can pick up another one of these discs.

I'm getting excited for my ace race( week from tomorrow) just If I can get a few throws in with the proto before we hit the course...what was the average distance for the holes at your race?