• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Fly Ink Open Final Round Open Lead Card

Wind much? Great vid, can turn off the sound though, it's all wind!

Good grief. That was a 1085 rated round for Wysocki, that is incredible.

Thanks for the vid. It's great to see how the players approached holes that I play on a regular basis. Do you have any more videos from the tournament or from McClain?

On an unrelated note, my friends and I had the bad luck to try and play a round at live oak Saturday. We didn't see any signs about what was going on but had several people that were extremely rude in letting us know that there was a tournament going on. Their attitude was enough to make me never want to enter a tournament. Gee, sorry for getting in your way as you play in a park that was funded with our local tax dollars. I won't bother telling you that this is the first time my friends and I have been able to get together play since my wife died and since he had a son two months ago. As professionals in our 30s we would have gladly chipped in money to play and not have our day ruined. /rant

Thanks for the vid. It's great to see how the players approached holes that I play on a regular basis. Do you have any more videos from the tournament or from McClain?

On an unrelated note, my friends and I had the bad luck to try and play a round at live oak Saturday. We didn't see any signs about what was going on but had several people that were extremely rude in letting us know that there was a tournament going on. Their attitude was enough to make me never want to enter a tournament. Gee, sorry for getting in your way as you play in a park that was funded with our local tax dollars. I won't bother telling you that this is the first time my friends and I have been able to get together play since my wife died and since he had a son two months ago. As professionals in our 30s we would have gladly chipped in money to play and not have our day ruined. /rant

I don't have any video of good players at McClain (except a few shots of Niko that are on my youtube account). The bigger tournaments with well known players in San Antonio seem to always be at Live Oak.

It'd be hard to get good video at McClain anyway because of the number of blind holes and the trees everywhere.

Sorry about the rudeness you encountered. I don't know who was rude to you but most of the local players I've talked to/known have been cool.

Keep coming out to play. = )

thanks for posting this! love to see Wysocki tearing it up.

why do you think he holds another disc in his left hand when he putts sometimes? i question that every time i see him do it. GASP! that must be how he bangs those 40+ footers!! :D

thanks for posting this! love to see Wysocki tearing it up.

why do you think he holds another disc in his left hand when he putts sometimes? i question that every time i see him do it. GASP! that must be how he bangs those 40+ footers!! :D

My guess is thats how he practices, and he wants the same feel during tournaments.

Sorry you were treated badly. Sounds like you were on the pro side. The whole course was actually shut down to public play, regardless of who funded it. The PDGA requires that the parks be closed to the public during tournament play. FIO actually paid a fee to shut the course down to the public, so it was done on the up and up. You would not have been able to pay a few bucks to play, either. Think the AM fee was 50 clams, plus more if non-PDGA member, anyway. Next time, we'll have to post way more signs. Problem with a course that size is not everyone starts at hole one. They start all over the place. Kind of hard to get enough signs at every possible starting place without making the course look like a political rally or a new subdivision....too many signs detract we are told. This was the biggest event SA had ever seen. We did have a few hiccups. Hopefully, next year will be bigger and better. You should try and come out next time and watch it unfold. It really is something to see. SA doesn't get to see play at that level very often.

Latest posts