• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Worlds Charlotte. WHOS GOING! (not you, MA1 is full)

I would have registered, but the whole being unemployed thing is a drag on my disc golf budget. Oh well! Want a caddy Franky?

warobert said:
I would have registered, but the whole being unemployed thing is a drag on my disc golf budget. Oh well! Want a caddy Franky?

yes I do but you have to put up with me making like a million gay jokes.

i'm going to watch the weekend. there's no way i could of passed that test, i'm learning disabled.

Well i was waiting till may 1st since i wasn't invited but looking at the list it looks like there was a bunch of people who may have signed up but weren't invited. I did sign up for the wait list though so I'm crossing my fingers.

Hopefully they release the waitlist soon so i can see where i stand. If im way down i think ill just sign up to play pro.

rodman20 said:
Well i was waiting till may 1st since i wasn't invited but looking at the list it looks like there was a bunch of people who may have signed up but weren't invited. I did sign up for the wait list though so I'm crossing my fingers.
Not sure what people you're looking at. All currently registered players are qualified invitees. The waiting list will be posted May 1 when open registration begins.

wow a lot of masters guys on there. also Why would they put Carrie Berlogar on the wait list? or was she the only FPM to register? I just checked and there are 6 other FPMs listed. Kinda weird.

keltik said:
wow a lot of masters guys on there. also Why would they put Carrie Berlogar on the wait list? or was she the only FPM to register? I just checked and there are 6 other FPMs listed. Kinda weird.

Yeah, they seem to have capped FPM at 6 players max. And Burl, the reigning world FPM champ, is #7 to register, and thus on the wait list. She's also the first pro to appear on the wait list, perhaps indicative of being the division where demand most outstrips the cap. Still, one has to believe that her chances of getting in are probably very good, particularly if another FPM goes on the wait list to make a straight 8 division.

all lodging taken care of. got a generous host for Sunday through Thursday. then host hotel for Friday. prepared to watch some good golf with a mighty hangover on Sat! now, I just need to go play three of the five courses which I have never seen. AB, Plantation Ruins, and RL. I did get to play the private gem up there this weekend. fucking sweet!

I have now played all the courses for Worlds. R.L. is great. I see why they are doing tee times. it could take 30 min just to get to some of the holes on the back 9. I also see why MA1 is the only division playing it. some seriously treacherous terrain. Improved by 16 strokes over my first attempt. Angry beaver held its end of the bargain and whooped my ass. I think knowing the lines a little better will knock at least 6 or 7 strokes off. Winget is also a great course. All in all I think we have the best mix of courses out of all the divisions. Im in Pool L. anyone else in that pool? I see Mr Delicious is in pool K. too bad.

I'm playing RL for the first time this sat, I hear there are a few shots you need to practice out there. Angry is a tough course and yeah, you need to play it a couple of times to get to know the lines. There's a lot of holes out there where you think you can do X but really Y is the shot. I haven't got to play Angry since they put in the short tees on some of those holes but I hear it makes them easier so I hope they aren't changed too much.

I haven't played winget but I hear it is straight forward so I'm not too worried.

Pool K is the best pool.

Who is excited to hang out with me? Probably everyone so try to contain yourselves. I am not playing but plan on attending.(80ish%)

Frank Delicious said:
I'm playing RL for the first time this sat, I hear there are a few shots you need to practice out there. Angry is a tough course and yeah, you need to play it a couple of times to get to know the lines. There's a lot of holes out there where you think you can do X but really Y is the shot. I haven't got to play Angry since they put in the short tees on some of those holes but I hear it makes them easier so I hope they aren't changed too much.

I haven't played winget but I hear it is straight forward so I'm not too worried.

Pool K is the best pool.

at RL, pay attention to hole 4, hole 5, hole 9 ( I think) it has a mando hidden in the woods. other than that its pretty straight forward. winget is as described. maybe 2 holes with landing areas, the rest can be assessed from the tee. I actually need to go play Kilborne since they created this "worlds" layout. havent been there in a couple years.

pietrocrespi said:
Who is excited to hang out with me? Probably everyone so try to contain yourselves. I am not playing but plan on attending.(80ish%)

I have a Grip bag that needs carrying. beer will be provided after the rds.

Latest posts