• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

From Discraft's Ace Race "TD Info" page.

There should have been better communication. Sorry that happened to you Dave.

Completely agree and thanks. Here are driving directions between the two:

http://goo.gl/maps/Fsldp

So yeah, ~28 miles driving and far less than that in a straight line. Yes, I have emailed Discraft. I did talk to the TD for Lake Township prior him signing up his event and after we signed up for ours and the way we left it was we weren't sure if Discraft was going to allow his event. Knowing what I know now I would have said something MUCH sooner instead of taking the wait and see approach. This is the first time I have ever run one of these and I am unsure if I ever do it again. Please note I waited until AFTER their event to raise a stink about this...

Birdie Bash anyone?

Birdie Bash anyone?

Not to go off on a tangent from the thread, but our vibram birdie bash was a great time. Steve does a good job and smartly runs them in the spring so as not to compete with the AR and other vendor's events in the fall. Also a great deal for beginning players, getting a putter/disc of choice from production discs. we set up alternate tees on our course to make the VBB enjoyable for beginners/open up more ace runs.

I think in some regards the AR and VBB events/TDs can learn from one another.

So got a question to the td's. My event is this Saturday. Was really hoping to get shipping info today but didn't what days have y'all's shipping/tracking info come in?

So got a question to the td's. My event is this Saturday. Was really hoping to get shipping info today but didn't what days have y'all's shipping/tracking info come in?

Ours was on Saturday, 8/31/13, and I got the shipping notification on Monday, 8/26/13. Discs came in on Wednesday.

Guessing you should get it tomorrow at the latest.

Ours was on Saturday, 8/31/13, and I got the shipping notification on Monday, 8/26/13. Discs came in on Wednesday.

Guessing you should get it tomorrow at the latest.

Yea. I figured if I don't get a tracking tomorrow I am making a call. I had a real close call with my vibram birdie bash (disc arrived Friday at 4pm for a Saturday morning event), so I am just a little paranoid.

Mine is Saturday as well and I havent heard a thing

I got shipping info on a Monday, and the package didn't arrive until Friday after a one day 'late train' delay. My event was that Sunday though.

Ok, just go my tracking info a few minutes ago. One ulcer down now. Says it wil be here Friday. I understand why they ship like this but honesty wish they wouldn't cut it so close. Makes me nervous.

Ok, just go my tracking info a few minutes ago. One ulcer down now. Says it wil be here Friday. I understand why they ship like this but honesty wish they wouldn't cut it so close. Makes me nervous.

Just got mine too (I assume, I order things through work through UPS)

Id like to know the upside of trying to time the packs to arrive the day before the event. (essentially day of considering it wouldn't come before 10am on the day of).
Because I can definitely see a lot of downside...

So all of our player packs have sold...*ahem* It appears I need to find some crow to eat.

Learned my lesson though...Next year we have ONE AR in Berrien County - if I have anything to say about it.

Here's my group from the Altoona Ace Race this past Saturday. I'm the one with the orange disc, btw. Good times!

picture.php

The last to races I've been at have had a couple late comers, too. Fortunately, in both cases, another player was willing to let them use one of their discs so everyone got to play. I thought that this was pretty cool.

So all of our player packs have sold...*ahem* It appears I need to find some crow to eat.

Learned my lesson though...Next year we have ONE AR in Berrien County - if I have anything to say about it.

I would think that as a returning TD, the other Ace Race will automatically be allowed to have the Ace Race and you will not be consulted.

A few years ago, a second Ace Race was set up within 25 miles of mine (which I fully supported). Discraft emailed me and I said I supported it. They have continued to have it and I have not gotten anymore emails from Discraft since the first one (note, I still fully support the 2nd Ace Race).

So my ace race this weekend is now going to be a wet event. After a summer of drought conditions it has a 50-60 percent of rain and thunderstorms. I am now debating on really shrinking the course and having the players throw both disc per hole to speed up the process. Not thrilled with this idea, but we may have a short window to work in. Rain is scheduled til miday on Sunday and I leave for vacation so the next two weekends for make up can't happen because i be 1400 miles away. Any body has any other options I should consider? Or is the two throw option the best on a rainy day?

WHAT IS WITH ALL THESE LAST MINUTE "DUDE DO YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA PACKS FOR SATURDAY?" PEOPLE. WHERE WERE YOU FOLKS TWO WEEKS AGO?!

Even though I don't play tourneys, I follow them. Through observation of many registration processes, I've come to realize that disc golfers are the most procrastinating bunch of lazy bums on the face of the earth.

Even though I don't play tourneys, I follow them. Through observation of many registration processes, I've come to realize that disc golfers are the most procrastinating bunch of lazy bums on the face of the earth.

LOL. We had people DAY-OF the event asking to register. AND getting pissed off when we said we were sold out. :wall:

For my vibram birdie bash in may, I had to turn away 7 after selling all 72 spots. An that was after 5 I my players including myself giving up their spots. In July I turned away 3 after selling out all 50 packs I bought. So I'm curious about the walk up crowd for Saturday. But I know people like to wait. I went from 19 to 43 in my final 5 days of pre reg even though I posted at the first f August.

Ace Races should not sell out.

Worst case, you have a crowd of people with 2 discs in their possession.

Then you have a few people who didn't sign up. To which you politely ask your crowd: "Would anyone like to let someone borrow or buy one of their discs?"

The trick is telling the non-signed up crowd to come back after you get all your pre-regged people their stuff.

It's a beautiful thing seeing people cooperate and "make it work".

No one gets turned away at our Ace Race. It just might be a tiny bit awkward for a minute or two, but it's worth it to let a handful of people enjoy the day with you rather than telling them "better luck next time."

Latest posts