• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

Nate and Val are dating.
Avery and Val are siblings (as mentioned above).
Avery and Nate are very good friends.
Avery and Val are Innova sponsored.
Nate is Discraft sponsored.

That's basically all you need to know. Bonus fact: Avery and Val's father is LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOYYYYY JEEEEEEEENKIIIIINNNNNNSSSS

Nate and Val are dating.
Avery and Val are siblings (as mentioned above).
Avery and Nate are very good friends.
Avery and Val are Innova sponsored.
Nate is Discraft sponsored.

My bad, I heard on the broadcast that they were all traveling buddies, so I assumed that meant they were on the same "team". But I feel a lot better knowing that the Jenkins' are related, not married.

My bad, I heard on the broadcast that they were all traveling buddies, so I assumed that meant they were on the same "team". But I feel a lot better knowing that the Jenkins' are related, not married.

Much like Cale in the RV last year (Will, Feldberg, and Nikko were all Innova sponsored vs him with Discraft), Nate is the odd ball travelling companion of the bunch in terms of sponsorship.

The fact it is 100% true makes it even better :D

Goddammit, Leroy!

Hahaha so good! I wrote a Comm paper on Memetics (meme theory), and was able to site Leroy, Arrow to the Knee and so many others. Best experience writing a paper I ever had. :D

I have a question concerning the 3rd round with Will, Steve B., Steve R., and Nate.
On hole #7, this hole has the bamboo barracade with the opening in front. The only way into the basket is to go through the opening. It isn't a long shot from tee to green just a straight drive.
Question: Why didn't most of the guys on that card throw a straight shot like Brinster did? I think Will, Nate, and Rico throw some type of hyzer shot which put them in difficult position for a second shot. I saw this style of shots on several other holes and it makes me scratch my head and wonder.

It was more to do with strategy than capability to throw the shot. If you happened to miss the mando, the drop zones were very penalizing. By laying up short you still had a chance for a long 2 and drop in 3 at worst. If you missed the mando the best you could do was 4 and it wasn't an easy 4 by any means.

Val is basically Avery, with a smokin' hot body. Their faces look so much alike it's not even funny.

Avery is more attractive facially.

Joking aside, is it just me or is Nate Doss really slimming down? He was never really heavy, just kind of a rounder face, but he seemed really lean this year. I can't help but wonder if that helped his play, and will also aid in keeping him injury-free and a viable player well into the future. He really played some outstanding golf this weekend...next season is going to be awesome with so many great players.

The Prodigy guys and gals will be in full force and adjusted to their discs, same with the Dynamic Discs team and Feldberg for Lat64 (and he's had a killer year anyway...) The young guns of Innova will still be pushing hard. Nate Doss will be leading an underrated Discraft team. Barry Schultz is showing age is nothing but a number. Brinster is showing he's got the chops for a big year. The Euro guys and gals will be really turning up the heat. And there are still tons of awesome golfers just on the cusp of "breaking out"

Gonna be a great 2014!

Dave announced at the Vibram Open that he's done touring and will be working fot Latitude 64 as a team manager and US representative.

Will was trying to play a safe shot to the fat part of the green on the right. He just pulled his anhyzers enough so that he clipped the tree line slightly which sucked enough speed off his shot so 2 shots in a row fell short of the hay bales. Sucks to have a safe play bite you like that.

Dave announced at the Vibram Open that he's done touring and will be working fot Latitude 64 as a team manager and US representative.

I'm sure he'll still play in a few tournaments. But I know his passion for the game will serve him well regardless of how he uses it in the world of Disc Golf.

It's been my experience that for all the prodigious skills the top players in our game possess, the straight 250-300 foot shot is not a strength for many of them. Their first preference on every shot is to find a hyzer line. If it isn't there, sometimes they try to force it anyway and when it doesn't work, they call the hole unfair or "stupid" (this is often referred to as the Avery :p).

Even before hole 7 added the mandatories, the simplest approach to that hole was going straight at it between the bamboo fences. But most players still opted for the spike hyzer approach. I wasn't all that surprised to see players struggle with that hole like they did. Disappointed, but really not that surprised.

thats because a high hyzer shot will ALWAYS be a higher % shot on a open hole than a straight shot. Also on that hole specifically, a hyzer shot had a lower % of going ob long.

these players are very good because they take the highest %'s shots(for them, not for you) and not just the straightest route to each hole.

Me and Ian were front row for the hole 18 putt outs right next to McBeast. Be jelly ;)

yeah what a weekend.. had a blast out there.. i live so close but for some reason have never been but i guarantee ill be back next year.. wow

The five biggest stories of USDGC, IMHO

1. Brinster finally wins a major
2. Climo misses cash for the first time in at least 13 years (as far as the stats go back)
3. Barry Dave and Nate have one blow up hole that cost them the title
4. McBeth never contends for title
5. Max Nichols finishes 4th in first appearance