• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

yeah feldbergs upshot on 18 after he went ob was a pretty shot and looked like he threw it just where he wanted but caught a rough break and kicked up and rolled all the way down the hill.. the shot before when he went ob im not sure what went wrong there but the other looked like just a bad break

and I agree about the 52 from McBeth. Much better than the 52 from Anthon. That was the Bunc'r year on each hole and he took a 2 re-throw 4 on 17. That would have been a 6 this year.

Did he shoot a 52? I see a 53 in 2009. That was on an SSA of 67.0. The SSA for McBeth's will probably be right around 67.0 as well. Maybe higher if they combine rounds.

Nate and Avery shot 55 in 2008, on a course that was about an SSA 69.7.

And in 2006, Barry shot 57 on an SSA 71.4. It was only rated a 1076. I think I commented at that time that his round broke the SSA/rating table. Chuck disagreed, of course. (Looking at old results, looks like SSA for that round was maybe closer to 71.2 than 71.4 -- but whatever -- I got the 71.4 from something Chuck published.)

I think McBeth's 52 is better than any of those, although it's obviously impossible to compare just going by scores and SSAs, with all the changing rules and whatnot.

I think it was less of a blow and more bad luck. The other blowups mentioned were very poor shots. Dave's drive was good on 18, and his 2nd shot just clipped the tree and shot the disc across the fairway OB. Looked like he was trying to take the OB out of play with a big sweeping hyzer. His now 4th shot was a beauty and I thought was gonna be parked for an easy bogey until it turned up on edge and rolled OB. The shot he executed was perfect... just bad luck on the roll away.

Yeah he shoulda made the comeback for 6, but I'm sure his mind was fried at that point.

His 1st upshot was awful. It woulda went OB even if it fought through the tree. His upshot after throwing OB was questionable. I don't know why he would play that power skip on that fast green. It came in deep on the backside too, if it comes in center cut, its probably not rolling OB. I thought a touch hyzer would have been a better play. But yes, he was definitely worked to death for that comeback putt.

Did he shoot a 52? I see a 53 in 2009. That was on an SSA of 67.0. The SSA for McBeth's will probably be right around 67.0 as well. Maybe higher if they combine rounds.

Nate and Avery shot 55 in 2008, on a course that was about an SSA 69.7.

And in 2006, Barry shot 57 on an SSA 71.4. It was only rated a 1076. I think I commented at that time that his round broke the SSA/rating table. Chuck disagreed, of course. (Looking at old results, looks like SSA for that round was maybe closer to 71.2 than 71.4 -- but whatever -- I got the 71.4 from something Chuck published.)

I think McBeth's 52 is better than any of those, although it's obviously impossible to compare just going by scores and SSAs, with all the changing rules and whatnot.

ah thats right, anthon had 53. My bad

The amusing part of McBeth's 52 is he could have done better. I commented on his insane charge when he was on 17's green and he said something like "eh, I missed a bunch of putts". He then kept talking about the missed putts after the round was long over. He was happy with a 52, but he was thinking about what it could have been if his putting was a little better that day.

TeeBoxx!

Got to try the TeeBoxx vending machine at the USDGC:
1376579_10201981720014998_615439521_n.jpg

If you purchased the general admission ticket to get into the USDGC you recieved a pre-paid gift card from TeeBoxx to use their vending machine set up in front of the pro shop. When you swiped your card you got to pick one disc out of the machine. All the discs in the machine were max weight USDGC DX Rocs (I chose bright Orange). They posted on fb late Saturday that they had given away 700 discs! Very cool!

And I have it all on film! :D To be edited & released soon!

I watched the last half (or so) of that round. Some incredible Disc GOlf. It was the highlight of this USDGC for me.
Paul, Ricky, Ken and Simon Lizotte on the same card. Frankly, I enjoyed that card more than watching the lead card.

How did Paul get the 3 on Hole 5 during the final round? Was it a throw in on the upshot, or did he get to the green in 2?

How did Paul get the 3 on Hole 5 during the final round? Was it a throw in on the upshot, or did he get to the green in 2?

I didn't realize/know that he 3'd it. But he went roller off the tee and then threw across to the green.

Yep, roller off the tee that got about 40-50ft past the ditch in the fairway. His second shot to the green landed about 45ft away from the basket. I did not see him putt that one out, but since he has a 3 on the scorecard I assume he made the putt.

24 Years for KC.

Lot of players upset payouts weren't posted prior to the final round. Last year, a nearly same sized field payed out 36. I was pretty shocked to find out I missed cash. I kept thinking (hoping) that they forgot to post/print the second page of payouts.

Do you think think Mr. Poole and Mr, Duvall are reacting to Steve Dodge's article on disc golf's professional pay out structure? $1000 for last cash is pretty big but the payout is shallower compared to last year yet still making the ~40% minnimum.

Do you think think Mr. Poole and Mr, Duvall are reacting to Steve Dodge's article on disc golf's professional pay out structure? $1000 for last cash is pretty big but the payout is shallower compared to last year yet still making the ~40% minnimum.

i think the field was smaller since half are playing am. so not as deep payouts.

i think the field was smaller since half are playing am. so not as deep payouts.[/QUOTE

Going by percentage the USDGC is typically at 40%. Last year they paid out 62% and last cash was $800. Years past the winner was typically over $10,000 and last cash was ~$200. This year the winner got $7,500 and last cash was $1010. Pay-outs are flatter the last two years.

Ahhh there it is. Let the boring talk begin, good thread while it lasted.

Ahhh there it is. Let the boring talk begin, good thread while it lasted.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the ropes...no really it is. Can we go back to talking about Crazy muttering Fffff*****ccccckkkkk under his breath on the live broadcast?

Latest posts