• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Amateur World Doubles at Selah Ranch and Trey Texas Ranch April 4-6, 2014

StuMagoo

Birdie Member
http://www.circularproductions.com/amateur_world_doubles_14_event.html

Registration is open! This event filled in two weeks last year so don't miss out! This year two new championship courses will be in play at Trey Texas Ranch along with Selah Ranch, allowing twice as many teams to compete!

This event was super fun last year, despite the unfortunate weather. Huge players packs, parties, pro clinics, and an unforgettable experience at one of the greatest disc golf destinations of the world. It's sure to be even better this year with 4 championship courses in play!

Who else is going?!

Thanks, Stu, for getting this started. Here are some important details from the web page Stu posted:

New for 2014: The PDGA has requested that the Amateur World Doubles, along with other major amateur events, move to a "True Amateur" model beginning this year. The idea is that best pro players should be rewarded with cash, and that the best amateur players should be rewarded with trophies, not big stacks of discs. It also means that ALL amateur players should get a great value when participating in a PDGA major, which includes the player package, meals, and other tournament amenities.

Registration is $110 per player: entry fee of $75 and discounted greens fee of $35 for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at both venues. We have already secured funding for a player package worth 125% of the entry fee, including 4 tournament discs, a tournament shirt, a tournament mini, and two meals. That package -- and other tournament amenities -- will increase if we're successful raising more sponsorship funding. You can register for the tournament at http://www.circularproductions.com/wordpress/register-for-pdga-amateur-world-doubles-2014-2/ In order to register, you will need both players' PDGA #'s (if they have one now), addresses, and phone numbers. Please also be prepared to let us know where you think you'll be staying during the event.

There's plenty more on our website and on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/PDGA-Amateur-World-Doubles-Championships/325508277469395

So correct me if I am wrong, but, the players pack this year is the exact same as it has been in years past but with no payout? Wouldn't the players pack get better?

Actually, that's not correct. Let me try again.

For starters, the player's pack already has at least one more meal than last year. And in years past, there have not been four discs in the package. That only happened last year, which we said at the time was a special deal. Also, there will be new "payouts" this year for things like best rounds, CTP's, Aces, etc., and improved event amenities -- not everything is going into player packages.

What we listed above is what we've already guaranteed for player packages, which is 125% of entry fees. As we said, we certainly hope and expect that we will secure sponsors to make everything even better for everyone. In any case, we hope everyone would agree that there's a lot more to the value of this event than just goodies, trophies, food, and prizes.

Hope that helps.

Actually, that's not correct. Let me try again.

For starters, the player's pack already has at least one more meal than last year. And in years past, there have not been four discs in the package. That only happened last year, which we said at the time was a special deal. Also, there will be new "payouts" this year for things like best rounds, CTP's, Aces, etc., and improved event amenities -- not everything is going into player packages.

What we listed above is what we've already guaranteed for player packages, which is 125% of entry fees. As we said, we certainly hope and expect that we will secure sponsors to make everything even better for everyone. In any case, we hope everyone would agree that there's a lot more to the value of this event than just goodies, trophies, food, and prizes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply John,

Those were just a few of the questions I had about this years event.

I don't know if we will make it out again this year due to some bad experiences at last years Am World Dubs and this years TTC.

The Memphis crew is all signed up and reserved. Can't wait to play this top notch tourney on these top notch courses!!!!!!:clap::D

It's short notice, but we have about 250 GStar Destroyers available as a fundraiser for the 2014 PDGA Amateur World Doubles championships.

We made them available yesterday to players registered for the tournament, and we sold about 200 in a few hours. We are now making the remainder available to YOU. They won't last long.

GStar is Innova's new Star blend that adds extra grip and flexibility to the famous Star plastic. All the profits from this sale will go directly into the event. The discs are $18 each plus shipping and handling. Texas and Kansas residents will also have to pay sales tax.

The sale will open at 3:00 Central today (Sunday) . Once they're gone, they're gone.

Here is the link: http://www.circularproductions.com/wordpress/new_gstar_destroyer/ You can see the information now. If you refresh the page at 3:00, you'll be able to order.

Thanks for your support, thanks to Innova for making this offer possible, and thanks to Discs Unlimited for fulfillment help. Happy shopping.

Thanks to everyone who grabbed up those Am World Doubles GStar Destroyers. You got yourself a little bit of history, and you helped support this year's event. Thanks also to Innova for the discs and to Discs Unlimited for fulfillment. You should see your discs early next week.

Now -- time to practice! Straight Line Discs will be running four fundraiser/warm-up events, starting this Sunday:

Sunday, February 23rd at Trey Texas. Hot Round Showdown #1 -- Can you set the course record for your division?

Morning round at Trey Deuce, afternoon round TBA, depending on weather and course conditions.
$25 per player includes greens fee, lunch, an SLD micro-fiber towel, and a chance to get famous. Anyone who sets the course record for his/her division will be immortalized with their picture, with the score and date, added to the new Trey Deuce Disc Golf Wall of Fame. You will also get a full-color disc with your photo and details of your record-setting achievement. As this is a fundraiser event, there won't be any other prizes for scores, but there will be several CTP's and other opportunities to win. Pro divisions will also be offered (with no payout.)
Pre-registration is available at http://www.straightlinediscs.com/tournaments/4577967324

More to follow, including details on these three events:
Saturday, March 1st at Selah. Hot Round Showdown #2 -- Can you set the course record for your division?
One round on Lakeside, one round on Creekside.

Saturday, March 22nd at Selah. Bring Your Partner Doubles.
Sunday, March 23rd at Trey Texas. Bring Your Partner Doubles.
Thanks,
John

I might be able to attend the event at Selah on March 1. I need to play the other courses, but none of the dates work for me. Can't pass up an event at Selah when I have the date open though!

This just in: the first 20 people who register for this Sunday will get a free Omega Supersoft. Thanks to our new sponsor: World's Biggest Disc Golf Weekend. And thanks again to Straight Line Discs for running these events to help support Am World Doubles.

Headed down next week! When/Where/Will schedules and caddie books be published? Plan to play all the courses but want to spend practice time wisely.

Latest posts